Thread: Are ducks still around?

Default Are ducks still around?

Hey guys,

I'm home on leave and live in the Fairbanks/North Pole area. I was curious if there are still ducks that can be hunted in the area. I've never hunted ducks in AK, but I have done some in the lower 48. I've got waders, a dozen decoys and a 12 guage. Can I go this weekend? I know nobody wants to give away their spot but if you could point in a general direction that would be great.

Thanks Much

Nope things are freezeing fast we just got 2" of snow and the lakes are covering up fast. GAME OVER

The dog fetched two for me yesterday but those were the only ducks I saw. I bet you could find a duck or two if you find some open water. For the cost of a duck stamp and poking holes in your waders on the ice, though... you might just go ptarmigan hunting instead.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

head south, maybe homer, maybe kodiak. Bud
    Wasilla

Check out Piledriver Slough off Eielson Farm Road. It's more of a jump-shooting deal but if it's still got open water it may have ducks still.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

I heard around glenallen was good last weekend maybe some open water there. Its 3 degrees in delta this mornin and ice fog. I thinks its over.

May be a goldeneye or two on Piledriver. Otherwise fuel up the truck and head south.