Thread: Diver for zinc replacement

Default Diver for zinc replacement

Do you know of any diver who would replace anodes/zinc on a boat in Whittier?

How come you don't go on the grid and do it?

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by yhc View Post
    Do you know of any diver who would replace anodes/zinc on a boat in Whittier?
    I'm going to do mine Thurs or Friday depending on weather. Wish I could go on the grid but have a fin keel and spade rudder. If your's is easy, I may be able to help.

I have never used the grid system thus am not familiar with it. Besides the boat is winterized already..... Wouldn't mind hearing more about the grid for my future reference though.

Quote Originally Posted by yhc View Post
    I have never used the grid system thus am not familiar with it. Besides the boat is winterized already..... Wouldn't mind hearing more about the grid for my future reference though.
    Have the harbormaster tow you over to the grid at high tide. Secure your mooring lines to the pilings in a fashion that they will slide down the piling as the tide drops, monitoring it of course. When the grid comes into view under the water, move your vessel forward or aft so your rudder shoe isn't bearing the brunt of the weight. While you're there you may as well scrape the barnacles and paint the bottom.

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov