Thread: need some tips for black bear skull

Default need some tips for black bear skull

i would like to display my black bear skull with the mouth open, mounted to a piece of driftwood. any suggestions on the best way to glue the mouth open, what kind of glue to use? any tips greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by meiercg View Post
    i would like to display my black bear skull with the mouth open, mounted to a piece of driftwood. any suggestions on the best way to glue the mouth open, what kind of glue to use? any tips greatly appreciated
    I did a few with the jaws open and used a drill to drill a hole through the skull/jaw hinge point and secured with a small brass screw. This was done with the jaws in an open position.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

rausch skull8.jpgstout12.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by meiercg View Post
    One easy way is to use 2-part, 5-minute epoxy. Just mix it up, and place a small "bead" on the joint where the jaw attaches to the skull. Prop the jaw open to your liking, making sure it's centered left-to-right. Keep it in that position until the epoxy sets.