Thread: Guide Requirements

Question Guide Requirements

I have been looking at the regulations, but can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for. Does anyone know if you need to be a registered guide to take clients for protfit on a trapline? I have found a few outfits doing this out of Canada and sounds interesting. I'm just not sure if you are required to be a guide since there is a clear difference between hunting and trapping???

If you take an animal under a trapping license there shouldn't a problem. You might want to check with the troopers though.
    Chuck

....or contact the Big Game Commercial Services Board (the "guide board") through their website....

http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/occ/pgui.htm

Ask direct questions to the BGCSB to receive direct answers to your question and avoid any potential wildlife or guide violations.

i do guided trapping trips as well. you don't need a registered guide license if you are not operating as a big game guide. you do however need a state business license, bourough business license, insurance, land use permits and need to make sure any one who runs your line with you has a trapping license as well...even if they don't actually touch a trap, if they assist, hand you bait, shovel snow, hold the light..blah blah, according to the troopers they have to have a license.
    on the up side with a trapping license non res don't need a tag for wolf or wolverine since they are not required under a trapping license.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Thank you

Thanks for the responses guys....exactly what I was looking for!