Thread: Kenai Dip Netting

Question Kenai Dip Netting

This year I want to purchase a Kenai dip net instead of using my Chitnitna one. Anyone know the phone number or address of a place that sells them?

Default look a few posts down...

under the thread "the dipnet guy", the topic was beaten to death a little while ago.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by GWHunter
    This year I want to purchase a Kenai dip net instead of using my Chitnitna one. Anyone know the phone number or address of a place that sells them?
    Sentry in North Pole, as well as Frontier Outfitters (above Sentry on 3rd Street) have them. They cost $79.99 for the hoop and net. The hoop is made of solid aluminum, and the net is made of twisted nylon strand. These are not gill nets, however, just dip-nets.

A net by itself (without the hoop) costs $28.00. I believe these nets are 3.5 feet in diameter at the opening. A 10' to 12' pole for the nets cost $24.00, but a standard aluminum net pole fits just fine.

Default Places to buy dipnets

Quote Originally Posted by GWHunter
    Here's my recommendation:

Ron Fuller
    Custom Dipnets
    688-1271

He lives in Eagle River and seems to really know his stuff. Color is everything.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay