Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh, sweetie ...

Default Oh, sweetie ...

Background:

1) Mr. mbd is not Mr. Romance. He's not noted for sweet nothings for no reason.
    2) Some idiot (that would be me) busted up one of my feet right before moose season. So one less potential scouter, shooter, packer, butcher. This did not endear me to Mr. mbd. (see #1 above) or to a girlfriend I'd promised to help hunt. In a cast, all I'm good for is camp cook and bear bait -- you know, you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun me.

Mid-morning last day of moose season, my phone bings with a text. "I miss you, honey." Umm, what? And, more importantly, why? This is probably not good, since I know he's out with the plane hunting. My reply "and why?" Phone rings.

Me: Are you alright?
    Him: Yep, but I miss you.
    Me (really puzzled now): What the *** is up?
    Him: I dropped a moose.
    Me (light dawning): Aha, you need help!

This would be a prime male-bashing thread if properly placed in the Women's Forum. It reads more like an indictment over here though. I know you said Mr. mdb isn't Mr. Romance, but could you explain why women are so cynical of the "I miss you" text in general?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Nice post I got a good laugh from it! Hope your leg heals up soon and you get back out there with your husband and friends.

I also have to side with SkinnyD on why do women always think there is some hiddin agenda behind nice comments us men make?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    why do women always think there is some hiddin agenda behind nice comments us men make?

Because there usually is?

<grin>
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by mbd View Post
    Mid-morning last day of moose season, my phone bings with a text.

This is probably not good, since I know he's out with the plane hunting.

Am I reading this right???

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    Probably not quite, if I understand what you are saying . I think, " since I know he's out with the plane hunting" infers he has taken the plane to go out hunting, not "hunting with the plane". At least I hope that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv
    why do women always think there is some hiddin agenda behind nice comments us men make?
    Because we keep them simple and sincere. Next time your wife asks for your opinion and you reply " I don't care", pay close attention to her response. Women always feel there is some ulterior motive behind our simple and sincere reply.

To any women reading this: when a man say's he does not care, HE REALLY MEANS HE DOES NOT CARE. It is that simple. Women should realize they are being granted Carte Blanche at that point, GAWD, as if they need to realize THAT !

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    Hog,
    You are making an inference based on a poorly constructed sentance. Sure, it could be a case of same-day-airborne, but most likely it's not.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Yea, poorly worded,....not accusing anyone of anything mind you.....I jumped the gun cause it just sounded funny I read it that she was in camp and he was out "with the plane"....back into my hole I climb...

I can imagine writing the same sentence myself and getting several angry private messages for same-day airborne and probably a call from a state trooper when one of the rent-a-cops on here decides that he's found evidence of an illegal kill. All the more reason that I'm bringing CheerHottie1984 to the forum (maybe soon). Not only will I get a free pass for writing about my illegal kills, but I'll also get dozens of dudes falling all over themselves to tell me where to go hunting if they think I'm female. Might even score an invite to the Women's area... and of course I'll be sure to let everyone know what's going on over there.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    All the more reason that I'm bringing CheerHottie1984 to the forum (maybe soon).
    I'd recommend a more recent year. We aren't as young as we once were. Or innocent.
    Go Big Red!

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    I'd recommend a more recent year. We aren't as young as we once were. Or innocent.
    CleanBeaver1990 might get you a broken rep meter.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    ShearedBeaver1993 is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Because when they make the comment.......there is a hidden agenda!! So it is natural to suspect the same when we say it...........haha!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Golly, that is funny I don't care who you are.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Thumbs up

Pat Boone...an oldie but goodie:

"The women folk a
    Their back is strong
    Their mind is weak
    Chorus
    yada
    yada"
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    Next time your wife asks for your opinion and you reply " I don't care", pay close attention to her response. Women always feel there is some ulterior motive behind our simple and sincere reply.

To any women reading this: when a man say's he does not care, HE REALLY MEANS HE DOES NOT CARE. It is that simple. Women should realize they are being granted Carte Blanche at that point, GAWD, as if they need to realize THAT !
    Likely when your wife asks for your opinion it's because she is hoping for some meaningful interaction with a partner who gives a sh1t, and she's hoping for your considered opinion. If a woman wanted carte blanche, she didn't need to hook up with your (or my) sad butt to get it. If she continues to find that her partner "DOES NOT CARE", likely she will sooner or later seek one who does. "pay close attention to her" was good advice.

There's a good reason the women have their own forum on this site, and every time the subject comes up 99 percent of the male posts reinforce that reason.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Is the friendly neighborhood moderator going to swoop in to save us from our own metaphors and insinuations again?

And to the Prairie Guy, I think an '84 year model would still be a good deal newer than most of the retreads lurking around here. And even if you made a valid point about our ages, you're a little closer to getting AARP Magazine delivered to your cabin in Hope than I am.

Default Tough crowd ...

Wow, remind me to caption things with the humor smiley next time. It was supposed to be funny, no bashing intended. It's just not his way to be sentimental, so of course I wonder what's up when I get something like that. We've had a lot of years of practice!

And on the "hunting with the plane", you guys really know how to poke holes in sentence structure. Yes, we have a plane (affectionately referred to as the "mistress") and yes, she goes hunting quite often, but Mr. mbd would be more than offended at any insinuation he was same-day airborne, as am I.

Obviously winter's setting in early. There is more to the story that I/we thought was funny, but I'll save it for an audience who doesn't get quite so worked up.

Ciao.

an audience who doesn't get quite so worked up.

Ciao.
    We're not as worked up as you think. Most are just playing along and having fun.
    No need for you to get too worked up either. Play along and ignore the posts you don't like.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Background:

1) Mr. mbd is not Mr. Romance. He's not noted for sweet nothings for no reason.
    2) Some idiot (that would be me) busted up one of my feet right before moose season. So one less potential scouter, shooter, packer, butcher. This did not endear me to Mr. mbd. (see #1 above) or to a girlfriend I'd promised to help hunt. In a cast, all I'm good for is camp cook and bear bait -- you know, you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun me.

Mid-morning last day of moose season, my phone bings with a text. "I miss you, honey." Umm, what? And, more importantly, why? This is probably not good, since I know he's out with the plane hunting. My reply "and why?" Phone rings.

Me: Are you alright?
    Him: Yep, but I miss you.
    Me (really puzzled now): What the *** is up?
    Him: I dropped a moose.
    Me (light dawning): Aha, you need help!
    Congrats to the Mr. on the moose!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast