Thread: NEW! Product Review Pages

Default NEW! Product Review Pages

Hi folks,

I know most of you spend a lot of time in our forums (thank you!), but did you know there is "the rest of the site"? Yes, we have thousands of other pages on Outdoors Directory. At the latest count, we are up to over 157,000 pages!

We just added a brand-new section on Gear Reviews. I will add links to this thread periodically as we add new content.

Would you like to put a gear review together for us? We'd love to see it! All we need is the review itself and a few pics if you have them (at least one good horizontal shot for the top of the article). Don't worry if your writing skills are not up to par; we can edit the article. Other instructions are on the Gear Reviews Page, including instructions on how to submit a review for publication.

Also if you care to comment on a product but don't want to do a review, we'd love to see those too. (in keeping with the rules in the forums, no product bashing is allowed! We do allow positive and negative comments, but we want to keep it mostly positive please.) A paragraph or two with a first name is all we need for that. We'll post it toward the bottom of the review for that product. If you expect to see the comments on the review page, you need to email those to us from the page on which the comments will appear. The email address is on the bottom of the page. We set it up so each page addresses the subject line with that product's name, so we can keep it all straight on our end. Please follow this process, or it makes a mess for us! Thanks!

Thanks, and we hope you'll check in to our product review pages now and then. And feel free to link out from the forums to a product, if someone is asking about that item. Lots of our readers don't know about the reviews just yet.

Thanks!

-Mike
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 10-16-2011 at 21:23.
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default AIRE Inflatable Boats Review

We've just added a review on AIRE inflatable boats to the site. If you are in the market for a boat, either as a purchaser or a renter, you'll want to check this one out. It's very comprehensive.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Hey Mike, thanks. And I like the pict, looks familiar.

Default Helly Hansen Impertech Raingear Review

Hi folks,

We added a review of Helly Hansen Impertech rain gear to the site this week. If you're trying to figure out whether Helly Hansen is right for you, check it out!

-Mike

Yes, and it is MOST appreciated! I'm tired of looking at my photos- I appreciate you making those available. I noticed that nobody is wearing a pleated sport shirt, but we can't all be expected to dress up on our hunts. Even if it is the dinner hour and all...

-Mike

You don't see me wearing my tie 'cause I was taking the pict.

Default Kifaru Tipi Review

We've added a review of the Kifaru Tipi to our product reviews pages; stop by and check it out! And if you want to add your voice to the conversation, click the email link at the bottom of the article and we'll look at your comments for possible inclusion on the review page.

Thanks!

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    You don't see me wearing my tie 'cause I was taking the pict.
    Well.... I certainly HOPE it was a bow tie, and that you were wearing your tweeds and a fedora of some kind?

I never did like tweed.

Default Terra Nova / Wild Country Mountain Tents Review

We've added a review of Terra Nova / Wild Country mountaineering tents to the site. If you're looking for a good four-season mountain tent, stop in and check it out!

If you have experience with these tents that you want to share with the community, visit the page and click the email link at the end of the article. We'll look at your comments for possible inclusion to the review page.

Thanks!

-Mike

Cool idea Michael. The raft review particularly is a bunch of solid information in one spot. I use/abuse/wear out a bunch of gear every year and might be able to contribute. If these start to accumulate, I could certainly see it being a useful resource. Need some guys to contribute reviews on canoes, ATV trailers, packs, Koflach boots, etc, etc...

yk

Triton Camp Chef tankless hotwater.

I highly recommended this product to everyone. It has so many uses besides making hot water for showering. I use it to wash my pets, vehicles, anything oily or muddy, filling tubs of hot water for dishes or laundry. Bottom line is hot water gets things cleaner. Eccotemp L5 is very similar.

Default Arctic Oven Review Just Added!

Check out our new review of the Arctic Oven tent, the AO10! We've also added a video review of the AO10 on our YouTube channel, so you can actually see the tent in action.

-Mike