Thread: Muskox hides

Default Muskox hides

I don't know if it's legal to sell them but if it is I'd like to buy two or three hides. I do taxidermy work and I've got this crazy idea that I need these for. It's kinda a secret project but it will be freaking awesome if I can come up with these capes. Anybody got any they want to get rid of and how much?

You're making a sasquatch aren't you?!!

How much would you pay for a cape? Is there any way to get an idea for going rates?

Here is one on Alaskalist and I have also seen them for sale at the Fur auction.

http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_Gen...skox_Hide.html
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Utarded View Post
    You're making a sasquatch aren't you?!!
    No, well kinda. I'm going to bleach it white and do a yeti! I think that would be freaking awesome! The more I think about it the more I like it. It's going to
    Be about 9 feet tall and be bent over eating some critter from where yeti's live!

Sent you a personal message. Can you be more specific on what kind of hide you want? Cape, full hide, complete taxidermy hide?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Sent ya a pm back trapper.

What I'm looking for is pretty simple. Like I said before, I'm going to use this stuff to create an animal that does not exist. I'm going to have to cut these hides up so it does not have to be a show quality hide. It does not have to have legs, a face, or horns. I'll even take what's left of a hide after you cut off what you need for a shoulder mount. All you have to do is skin it and salt dry it. I'll do the rest.

I might have what you are looking for.... PM me if you still need a cape. chuck

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tic View Post
    I don't know if it's legal to sell them but if it is I'd like to buy two or three hides. I do taxidermy work and I've got this crazy idea that I need these for. It's kinda a secret project but it will be freaking awesome if I can come up with these capes. Anybody got any they want to get rid of and how much?
    One would only assume that if you do taxidermy you would know whats legal and whats not?????? Just sayin...........
    Good Luck on your project
    Be safe, and enjoy your time outdoors!
    Mountain Man

"I'm not here for a long time! I'm here for a good time!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sent you a PM give me a call if you have any questions

Default Musk-ox hides info

Quote Originally Posted by Tic View Post
    Hello,
    I have some musk-ox raw hides, and head w/horns. If you are interested and still looking for them, let me know. Also, we are looking for good taxidermist for rare fur/hides. Please contact me if anyone is interested
    Also, any hunter has any fur/hides (has to be cut properly, no scraps please), please contact me.
    Our company website: http://intertradejj.com/

Keep Warm,
    Janet