Thread: Skimword link color

Default Skimword link color

Anyway you can change the skimword link color? I hate the fact that it looks like the original poster posted the stupid link, not skimword.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Are you suggesting that the link be a different color than one posted by a member? I doubt that can be done, but it's an interesting idea.

Yes, I am. I look back at my posts and feel self conscious that anyone might think I'd put a link to Bobcat equipment that lead them to Ebay. If the darn thing were blue, at least folks would know it's a skimlink link and not a link by the original poster that is pertinent to the conversation.

BTW, I've been to several webpages where the skimlinks are bright blue and the rest of the font is standard black. I know it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    BTW, I've been to several webpages where the skimlinks are bright blue and the rest of the font is standard black. I know it can be done.
    Yes, the link can be made a different color, but that would apply to every link a member posts whether intentional or not. The way to know whether it is a link embedded by skimlinks is to hold your cursor over the link. You should then see a message that the link was placed by skimlinks, whereas intentional links embedded by the member will have no such message.

It is kind of aggrevating when the software THINKS it knows what we are talking about and then folks assume we provided them with a link to something that we know nothing about. Is there a way to go back in after you post and realize that Skimword thought made a link in your post and go back in and disable it or reword your post so the link does not appear?