Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you prepared?

I figured any old fmj or psp should be fine to knock a goon or zombie off their feet
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Make no mistake I am a Hornady fiend, but when I saw this it makes me wonder what in the world is going on in Grand Island?
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    Make no mistake I am a Hornady fiend, but when I saw this it makes me wonder what in the world is going on in Grand Island?
    I don't get the whole "Zombie" influence in pop culture let alone the shooting world at all. Targets, videos, now ammo. It baffles me. This cannot be a legitimate long term marketing plan can it?

I have to say that I don't get it either. My boys and I saw some of those zombie deer targets. I found them very disturbing and I think they probably gave the kids nightmares. It would seem to me that this sort of thing would give the general public an impression that shooters enjoy the thought of torturing and mutilating animals......I don't like it.
    Louis Knapp

Pop culture marketing....maybe a Halloween special? Glow in the dark plastic tipped... wow (underwhelmed, read in Ben Stein's voice).

Crap's sake, selling 9mm, .223 and 7.62x39 ammo is practically like marketing crack, beef jerky and snack cakes- you don't need a ploy...just make it and put it up for sale at a reasonable price, people will buy it.

You guys are so far behind the curve.....
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Some idiots kid will not realize its live ammo and it'll make the 6 o'clock news. I think their attorney was on vacation when that marketing scheme came up.

LOL... for those of you who don't believe Zombies are real, try taking a walk down 4th Ave at 2:30 in the morning. But then again, I've yet to be convinced that any special ammo is called for.

Zombies don't mean actual zombies. It refers to the mobs of mindless rapers/killers/looters/etc that form during events such as natural disasters. Obviously people are currently into it due to hollywood but that is usually the meaning in the shooting/survival community.

Besides, an actual zombie would need fmj not hp, need to penetrate the skull.

Quote Originally Posted by knikglacier View Post
    Some idiots kid will not realize its live ammo and it'll make the 6 o'clock news. I think their attorney was on vacation when that marketing scheme came up.
    True story. Ultimately, this sort of thing only serves to trivialize and delegitimize firearms and firearms use, and will inevitably do a disservice to second amendment advocates. Such a marketing scheme was ill conceived at best.

(What the *!#%@& are they thinking?!)
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Hogwash on the "not realize its live ammo" BS hysteria nanny-state reaction. Lighten up a bit.

For those not keeping up with the whole zombie thing, go ahead and return to your lives and shoot whatever you please. I think this market scheme is absolutely brilliant! The Hornady marketing guy should get a bonus. If any of this ammo shows up on the shelf in an Alaskan store, I'll be certain to pick some up.

Oh, for those who try to anticipate what lawyers will try to do to you after a self-defense encounter... well, you should probably NOT use this ammo in your carry gun!

Just remember to Always Follow the rules...

1- Cardio
    2- Double Tap
    3- Beware of Bathrooms
    4- Wear Seat Belts
    Et Al...
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

JOAT, I hope we don't have the opportunity to say "I told you so"..... First kid dressed up as a zombie at halloween, gets shot, even if it's not actually with a round of this ridiculous ammo, and there's gonna be a sh1t storm in the media. When it's over, Hornady will be lucky if they're still in business. And the anti firearms lobby will have more ammunition with which to chip away at second amendment rights. This kind of stuff is stupid, plain and simple.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Really? Kids have been dressing up as zombies on Halloween since the first zombie movie was released in 1932. This is such a non issue, I can't believe we're wasting the pixels and bandwidth.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by evandailey View Post
    I don't get the whole "Zombie" influence in pop culture let alone the shooting world at all. Targets, videos, now ammo. It baffles me. This cannot be a legitimate long term marketing plan can it?
    I'm with you. I must have missed the movie or something. Stupid and moronic.

Maybe this will help bring some of ya'll up to speed...

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...ult_group&sa=X

It's just for fun, guys. Relax.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    It's just for fun, guys. Relax.
    My Paw used to say "It's all fun until somebody gets hurt". And he was right. If I'd a told him to "relax", he'd a dope slapped me till I looked like a zombie.

I stand by what I said in post #11.

Best of luck to you. Goodnight.
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    JOAT, I hope we don't have the opportunity to say "I told you so"..... First kid dressed up as a zombie at halloween, gets shot, even if it's not actually with a round of this ridiculous ammo, and there's gonna be a sh1t storm in the media. When it's over, Hornady will be lucky if they're still in business. And the anti firearms lobby will have more ammunition with which to chip away at second amendment rights. This kind of stuff is stupid, plain and simple.
    You guys have got to be kidding me. Might as well ban all ammo, for the children.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

"In the head not in the chest, Head shots are the very best...." kids sing this during target practice in the movie 'Fido', a charming story about a boy and his Zombie. Think 'Leave it to Beaver' combined with 'Lassie' with zombies thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by AKF View Post
    You guys have got to be kidding me. Might as well ban all ammo, for the children.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Wouldn't it be easier to ban children?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast