Thread: Where can I find white tarps?

Default Where can I find white tarps?

Hello folks, I don't mean to sound like a tarp racist, but I'm trying to find white tarps. I don't like living under the color blue, or green whenever I use a tarp. I have a couple large insulated cabin tents (12x12) that I'd like to upgrade with a tarp. I hope I can find one for a reasonable price.

Don't know if they're reasonable, but Fred Meyers has large white tarps. Maybe not all the time, but I've seen them there.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Painters tarps are white and can be found at just about every home, hardware, and paint store. You may have to add a good water repellent and grommet's, but it could be done.

I bet Alaska Tent and Tarp has something, might be pricey.

Will

Did you try AIH?
    Louis Knapp

Wait another month and you won't have to worry about the color you will get your wish, lol j/k

Tyvek is mostly white, minus the printing. Very tough and lightweight. The downside is you need thouroughly crumple it up, as off the roll it'll make a horendous racket with the lightest breeze.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

For a cheep option look at the hardware store for painters/drop cloths for higher quality canvas tarps talk to Alaska tent and tarps. I don't think I have seen a non canvas white tarp, if that is what your looking for.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

you could tyvek a blue tarp, i got a large silver tarp from walmart, its silver on one side and brown on the other. makes a great house roof.
    Semper Fi!

Alaska Tent and Tarp stocks white canvas tarps. I bought a couple late this summer.

The pawn shop on the palmer-wasilla highway that does some equipment rentals has white tarps in stock didn't notice the prices though

AIH in Eagle River and Wasilla: no white tarps, no camo tarps

Fred Meyer in Wasilla: no white tarps, and their largest camo tarps are only 16x20.

$138 for one through a local vendor, found one on Amazon for only $29. Not too shabby. Guess I'll just have to go through an online source.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    $138 for one through a local vendor, found one on Amazon for only $29. Not too shabby. Guess I'll just have to go through an online source.
    Join amazon prime first and you'll likely get free shipping. google stuff like "free amazon prime for .edu" and "free amazon prime for caretakers" and you'll see offers to get it free.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Join amazon prime
    Or follow the link that this site's Skim Words software added to my post, and you'll have an opportunity to buy an amazon prime membership for $79./year.

Affordable Tool Rental has the white tarps ,they are heavy duty and run .15c per sq. ft. 30x40 is $180.00 phone number 746-7037 they are at mile 2 of Palmer/Wasilla Hy.