Thread: Raft cold weather storage

Default Raft cold weather storage

I have an Acillies pontoon boat that I would like to bring to Alaska and leave it at my cabin over the winter. Here in Wyoming I let the air out roll it up and store it in a cool but heated area. If i leave it in Alaska it would be in my dry but un-heated Cabin all winter. Will this harm it if it is dry and rolled up not moving it or attempting to inflate it when it is cold?

Quote Originally Posted by codwyguy1 View Post
    I have an Acillies pontoon boat that I would like to bring to Alaska and leave it at my cabin over the winter. Here in Wyoming I let the air out roll it up and store it in a cool but heated area. If i leave it in Alaska it would be in my dry but un-heated Cabin all winter. Will this harm it if it is dry and rolled up not moving it or attempting to inflate it when it is cold?
    The cold shouldn't be a problem, but the rodents might be. Mice will bore holes in boats that are stored and unattended.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thanks that is a good tip actualy my cabin is a 40' container I havent had a rodent problem YET but that is a very real threat I could put it in a tarp hang it from hooks to solve that problem and and leave out poison while I am not their