Thread: Thank you for sharing !

Thumbs up Thank you for sharing !

As a followup to http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-all?highlight= .

I just want to say thank you for sharing. There were some outstanding animals taken this season form moose to bears, sheep and caribou, some scoring well into the book(s), though they all rank as "trophies" to me.

Many of you had to be persistant and deal with adverse weather and obtuse persons, some had the luck-o-the-Irish and scored seemingly from the front door. Others did some serious homework and had success in unlikely places. Many had no success "filling the freezer", but to most of us, including myself, filling the freezer is a bonus to the cumulative experience, not a neccessity. Of those who live by, and the few who were fortunate to visit the experience of neccessity to fill the freezer, drying racks and cache, the narratives are particularly insightful.

There were some breathtaking photos posted as well, some I looked at over and over again. Even after 35+ years of liviing in Alaska I cannot get over its' awe-inspiring beauty !

Sadly, there were also tragedies. Though none affected me directly I still felt their effects. I can appreciate how those who were directly affected by the loss feel and offer condolences once again.

Though I take no credit, nor am I so arrogant to think that those who shared did so out of consideration for my asking, I thank you all for making this "season" ever so slightly more tolerable for me.

Some stories have yet to be written

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Indeed ! I forgot to add in closing that I am looking forward to " the rest of the story" (ies) .

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    I see you are still working on your romance novel... I heard the hunt you went on with bronco helped you with several chapters lol... What's the name of the book? " love on the tundra, a man, a women and a spoon" lol

Is it supposed to be a sequel to "Brokeback Mountain"?
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine