Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow!

Default Tomorrow!

Well fellas I've not been on the computer arguing guns with you guys much this summer. Hopefully Smitty and Smokey took up th slack for me.

It was a long summer. Lots of trips to the hospital, lots of tests,lots of uncertainties. Now it's behind me, the tumor is dead, we don't have to talk percentages anymore. In fact they don't want to see me for 6 months. I feel the best that I have in several years and tomorrow is the start of Iowa's nine day long early muzzleloader deer season and in my shirt pocket are two tags one for a buck and one for a doe.......life is good!

Glad to hear it EKC, go fill that freezer with health food now!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Now there is some good news!!

Ditto: Congrats.

Excellant news! Good luck on filling your freezer!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Gladjerback EKC:

Smokey took up most of the slack. I could hardly get a word in edgewise.

What kinda ML are you using? Surely, not an Inline.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Good to see you back here buddy! Your voice was missed. May God continue to bless you and your family.

[QUOTE=Smitty of the North;1022692]Gladjerback EKC:

Smokey took up most of the slack. I could hardly get a word in edgewise.

What kinda ML are you using? Surely, not an Inline.

I am using a Hawkens carbine. 50 cal with a set trigger on it. I cut the barrel off at 22 inches, recrowned it and milled a new dove tail in it so I could put the original sight back on it. It shoots real good with a patched round ball or most of the heavier conicals. It killed a nice doe this morning using a Hornady Great Plains boolit. I believe they are 385 grains.

I have a dandy in-line that shoots real well a long ways out there but it almost feels like I'm cheating or something when I take that thing. Besides the timber I hunt is so thick that 50 yards is a long shot and the little Hawkens is perfect for shooting out of a tree stand. I used a White Mountain Carbine last year and still have it but missed the double set trigger.

I'm confused as all hell how many accounts do you have??? any how good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I'm confused as all hell how many accounts do you have??? any how good luck...
    2 accounts 323! It's a long story and it started with me dumping AVG my firewall company. The joke was on me, my computer got every virus known to man. From that day on I cannot post from my home computer as elmerkeithclone. Smitty recomended that I try a new handle to see if it was that or my IP address triggering the trouble. Anywho I'm at home so I'm EKC today.

I can plug my son's computer into my modem and elmerkeithclone comes to life again so I know it's in my computer but am not smart enough to fix it.

By the way I killed a nice 9 pointer last night, not a monster but good enough for an old fart like me!

That is good news, glad to hear you are back on the mend and feeling good. Feeling better with that buck I bet. Always enjoy your posts and banters on here and learn alot. Thanks

congrats on the buck post some pics!

Here you go! This was one of those cases where he was bigger on hoof than on the ground.
    DSC00480.jpgDSC00479.jpg

Congrats on winning the battle and on the deer. Been thinking about a ML myself just haven't found the time.
    Glad to here you have!

Glad to hear you are well. That was a pretty good shot on that buck! I can't hardly see the rest of him all camoflaged in the woodpile.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Congrats on your success in and out of the hospital! Nice buck and really like the looks of your muzzle loader.

323 - the real story behind all of EKC's alias's is yet to surface I feel - ya know most of the trouble makers from Mo that got run out ended up in Ioway! Personnally I betcha he was not allowed a pc unit when he wus locked up????
    Glad all is well EKC, two deer in short order is a great way to get back on your feet my friend! Apparently that "stubby" little canon shoots well...
    After a summer of health issues myself I managed to take a young buck last Sunday with my bow - I didn't think I was going to get to but God musta known how bad I wanted another archery hunt and 4 bucks came by my ground blind and I chose the smallest - largest was about like the one you shot - decent 2 1/2 - 3 /12 yr old. He will make someone a good trophy if he lives another 2 yrs I reckon!
    I am afraid my health has taken a pretty rough turn so may be away for a spell - you boys keep the feuds going for me please....
    Best of luck EKC - congrats on get'n it done! Uh I didn't notice the camera date had went back to default so ignore that! Duh...

100_2987.jpg
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

That is great news. Praise God !

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    323 - the real story behind all of EKC's alias's is yet to surface I feel - ya know most of the trouble makers from Mo that got run out ended up in Ioway! Personnally I betcha he was not allowed a pc unit when he wus locked up????
    Glad all is well EKC, two deer in short order is a great way to get back on your feet my friend! Apparently that "stubby" little canon shoots well...
    After a summer of health issues myself I managed to take a young buck last Sunday with my bow - I didn't think I was going to get to but God musta known how bad I wanted another archery hunt and 4 bucks came by my ground blind and I chose the smallest - largest was about like the one you shot - decent 2 1/2 - 3 /12 yr old. He will make someone a good trophy if he lives another 2 yrs I reckon!
    I am afraid my health has taken a pretty rough turn so may be away for a spell - you boys keep the feuds going for me please....
    Best of luck EKC - congrats on get'n it done! Uh I didn't notice the camera date had went back to default so ignore that! Duh...

100_2987.jpg
    Congrats to you to Smokey! That young buck will make good vittles for sure.

I got my bow out yesterday and limbered it up in the back yard. I can remember when pulling 72lbs was a snap....I can still do it but I'm feeling it today and I only launched about a dozen arrows. They all indicated a dead deer at 30 yards so I quit.

I'll give ya a call in the next day or so!

OK EKC, but no more collect calls - I ain't fallen fer that fake "Hello, will you accept a collect call from Elvis" a fourth time!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast