Thread: Need advise for a amuminum welder/fabricator

Default Need advise for a amuminum welder/fabricator

Need some advise for a good aluminum welder/fabricator in the valley, I have a 24 boat that I want to replace the inboard motor with an outboard motor, looking for someone who can re-fabricate the inboard motor well into a flush deck fish well and beef up the swim platform to hold a 600 lb outboard!....I have heard good things about Greatland Welding!...

Thanks for any and all help!

Dave

Go see Gary over at Greatland Welding (on the Palmer/Wasilla Hwy just East of Trunk). Easily one of the best in the valley and is reasonably priced too.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

If It were my boat..... I'd take it to Gary at Greatland Welding... for 2 reasons... They've done it on other boats, and they do good work

That's where I take my stuff. Great place to pick up ob jet parts too!

Thanks guys I kinda figured Greatland was the place, I just got off the phone with Gary!....real nice guy, going to take my boat over to them next week!.....

Dave

ramhunter,
    I live in Fairbanks and took my boat to Gary a few weeks ago. He did an absolutely wonderful job of putting in a new tunnel, beefed up my transom, extending the hull about 4" and a real fancy lockable fish locker. Gary and his crew were positively wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcamoman View Post
    ramhunter,
    I live in Fairbanks and took my boat to Gary a few weeks ago. He did an absolutely wonderful job of putting in a new tunnel, beefed up my transom, extending the hull about 4" and a real fancy lockable fish locker. Gary and his crew were positively wonderful.
    I was in there looking at your boat. They did a very nice job!

I took my SportJon in for repairs and after looking at your boat I'm having them extend my hull 4" also.