Thread: Deer hunting this weekend

Default Deer hunting this weekend

The weather is suposed to break at midnight friday night. I plan to be heading out of Whittier early Saturday morning heading for lower hering bay on Knight island. Has anyone been out yet this year for deer? how is it? and is there going to be anyone else out this weekend in the same areas

I don't know about knight. But last weekend we were on naked got 4 deer in our group. All the fresh deer sign we found was high. My advise hunt high and hard. Good luck.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Default Lower herring bay Deer Hunt

I hunted Lower herring bay the For like 4 days just this last week and didn't even see a deer. We hunted high and did what we could to find open areas for good glassing. This was my first time to knight but if you haven't been there before be prepared for some hard hiking with limited open areas for good glassing. That was my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by knudsemr View Post
    I hunted Lower herring bay the For like 4 days just this last week and didn't even see a deer. We hunted high and did what we could to find open areas for good glassing. This was my first time to knight but if you haven't been there before be prepared for some hard hiking with limited open areas for good glassing. That was my take on it.
    This sounds like my Montague experience.