Thread: Remot property appraisal

Default Remot property appraisal

Does anyone know how to get a remote property appraisal? One good enough for lawyers and judges?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

wow why do anything for them scumbags?
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    wow why do anything for them scumbags?
    Thanks for the absolutely valueless comment. It was good for a bump to the top though.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    Thanks for the absolutely valueless comment. It was good for a bump to the top though.
    dont ever look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Semper Fi!

Nope, you should never look a gift horse in the mouth, you need to be watching the other end!!!!! Cause that is where it all plays out, don't you know!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Roughly where is the property located.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Roughly where is the property located.
    Lake Louise.
    Bill Hicks

I'm not there yet or else I'd do it for you.

Look up DeKay Bayliffe in Wasilla. He's an appraiser but not sure if he does remote. If not, he can probably direct you to someone that does. Probably won't be cheap tho.

If it's not for a contested divorce or estate, you might be able to get away with a CMA from an agent specializing in the area.

I was told by several people to get a Brokers Opinion. Any one get one past the judge or lawyers? Any thoughts?
    Bill Hicks

judge or lawyer
    all that talk is making me uneasy!
    Semper Fi!

I was told by several people to get a Brokers Opinion. Any one get one past the judge or lawyers? Any thoughts?
    Not sure what you mean by "get one past". It all depends on the case and what you're going up against.

A BPO or CMA require fewer certifications and are less involved than a full blown appraisal, so in some courts they aren't deemed as reliable. If you've got a BPO/CMA with one value and opposing council has an appraisal with another, the judge will most likely defer to the appraisal because it's more involved. If both sides get a BPO/CMA with 2 different values the judge can go with either or in most cases split the difference.

Hate to say it, but get a lawyer and they should tell you exactly what you need.

Does anyone know how to get a remote property appraisal? One good enough for lawyers and judges?
    I know a few appraisers and will ask around. The last one I had done was done by a guy that left the state but I'll see what I can do. If a comaparison sheet will work, I can get that easy but it will be based on last year sales data.

Did some looking around, and the only recommendation I got was to contact Remote Properties.com or used your assessed tax value. Tracy & Associates Appraisals in the Valley have a good rep but don't know if they'd go to Louise for a reasonable price.

Try Tim Tittle, Alaska Appraisal Associates. 243-4215