Thread: Foxpro Wildfire

Default Foxpro Wildfire

Anyone have any experiencewith this call? I have one on the way, it'll be here Friday. Just traded for a .223 and wanna start predator hunting but have NO idea where to start. I wanna make sure the call is decent before I open it in case I need to swap it out. Based on zero experience, I figure I'd ask here first. I've seen/heard a few yotes so I figure this is something I've always wanted to do, why not give it a whirl.

Never used one, but IMO, learn how to call with your own mouth, don't rely on some elec thing to help you.

You'll have more fun and if will be more rewarding, trust me when YOU bring in that wolf/yote, it is awsome

Quote Originally Posted by mooneyman View Post
    Never used one, but IMO, learn how to call with your own mouth, don't rely on some elec thing to help you.

You'll have more fun and if will be more rewarding, trust me when YOU bring in that wolf/yote, it is awsome
    Sweet.

Anybody have any info on the Wildfire? I got it because it came with more calls and what appeared to be a better remote...

Yeah! Do it yourself and don't use any extra means possible!!!

I have the Spitfire, the most I could afford. Used it to call one fox in so far. It is a neat toy, but you need to search the archives and other sites to figure out HOW to call. Different patterns etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Trappnguns View Post
    Yeah! Do it yourself and don't use any extra means possible!!!

I have the Spitfire, the most I could afford. Used it to call one fox in so far. It is a neat toy, but you need to search the archives and other sites to figure out HOW to call. Different patterns etc...
    Ok, apparently I need to add a footnote. I'm a waterfowler (ducksanddogs). I've hunted ducks and geese for years and understand not only the importance of how to call; but, when to call. I'm not asking for calling advice, I grasp that concept wholeheartedly.

That being said, in the interim, I've purchased and plan to use this call. I'm really wanting feedback on the call itself based on experience or someone you know uses it. Sorry to have misled.

Default Foxpro

Never used the Wildfire, but have used other Foxpro products so I would imagine you will be very happy with it... please keep us updated with some feedback on what you think. I'm considering upgrading my call as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple F View Post
    Never used the Wildfire, but have used other Foxpro products so I would imagine you will be very happy with it... please keep us updated with some feedback on what you think. I'm considering upgrading my call as well.
    I took it out for 3 stands yesterday. Although the animals didn't really cooperate, the call worked flawlessly. It's LOUD and reliable, so far. I have it on a tripod so I could get it off the ground a little bit. It's been really easy to download and install new sounds on the device. The TX9 is really nice. I haven't had a chance to use FOXBANG, yet, but once I do, I'll report on that as well. I was honestly trying to call in bears yesterday, I haven't focused on predators yet. My .223 still needs to be sighted in. I'm looking at getting out a few more times over the next 2 weeks and hopefully calling in a bear before they den up. After that, I'll start going after yotes & such. So far, very happy with the call, although I haven't really put it through the ringer, yet.

I recommend you by the Mojo woodpecker decoy. Place it by your call for a visual and it will really help. It will also distract the critters from any slight movements you might make.
    PC gag in place.

check out wildlife tec. calls there the best money can buy......http://www.wildlifetech.com/pages/home.htm
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    check out wildlife tec. calls there the best money can buy......http://www.wildlifetech.com/pages/home.htm

Thanks for the heads up.