Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Wilde trial

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Thumbs up

The old man needs to be taught a good lesson...maybe bring back Caning in Public. Take him down the the town square and give him 30 lashes for each dastardly offense he was guilty of. Then rub him around in the mud...a little more. The Feds need to make an example of his kind each and every chance they get. Buncha hoodlums running around up there on the Yukon that need to get civilized. Probably been doing all this illegal stuff for all his 71 years...now he needs to pay the piper for all those wrong-doings!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

well, since it Fedreal, they should surround his Church, declare it a Cult, move everyone 3 miles back, controle the media, attack it with false pretenses, wait for 40Mph winds and ppunch hole in their plywood structure, shoot fl;ame dispersing CS gas in, burn it down, kill all theycan, imprison the survivors for life , then make a movie showing what kinda Heros they are......

Nawwww, that been done before,

maby the should shoot his kids in the back and his wife in the head......

NawwwwwwwwwwwThats been done befor too........

How about they arrest him under false pretenses, give hardcore childmolesters shorter sentances for overhearing jailhouse conversations and then anonamusly witness and convict.......

Nawwwwwww, been done before.....
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Thumbs up Give Ranger A Commendation

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

It is high time these National Park Rangers recieve Commendations for their untiring Devotion to Duty. Tracking down and bringing this guy to terms with civilization must have been a truly difficult task. The long arm of the law has finally reached out and grabbed him. Can you imagine...all those years running around up there like a wild man! I mean comon' these guys risked their own lives to apprehend this Federal Offender, in the middle of the Yukon River...They stared death in the face and carried out the mission...How kewllll is that!? I will sleep better, just knowing at least on of the thugs up there has been brought to justice...I mean an "unregistered boat"!!! Lawlessness...can't begin to describe this hideous crime on society. We can only hope and pray the judge now throws the book at him...big fines and jail time would be too light!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Meanwhile, the real perpetrators in this incident have been reassigned to hassle people where they don't know their tricks yet. Sort of like the Catholic church did with their "rogue" priests.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

I heard he hid some chemicals containing urea up there.The government is now looking for a small smart bomb to drop on him.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Where do we send money to contribute to paying his fine? I'm sure his airplane ride when he was arrested cost more than the
    fines will be. Misdemeanor offences...Moose Pellets!

257WBY, The have been taking donations at the Central Corner store.

Here is link to the actual verdict:
    http://assets.matchbin.com/sites/635...de_verdict.pdf

FYI, Dallemolle was not rehired by NPS, Grodjesk was transferred to Yosemite.

Don't think any of us who've followed this are surprised by this decision. But it still sucks, the whole thing sucks. At least the magistrate made the right call on the disorderly conduct charge. I just hope he realizes that this never should have made it as far as it did in the first place and doesn't hit Jim with more than the $50 fine for lack of boat registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I heard he hid some chemicals containing urea up there.The government is now looking for a small smart bomb to drop on him.
    Probably didn't have a Duck Stamp either...but that is pure speculation on my part!!! Thinking they better put an ankle bracelet with a tracking device on this character when he gets out...no telling what he will pull next!
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

The magistrate's decision is posted in PDF form on the News-Minus website. I found it interesting that he was able to control his boat enough in the middle of the river to cuss out the rangers, but was apparently in a spot too dangerous to let them check his boat. I was on his side until I read that he didn't have registration stickers - but I think he was basically asking for it now that I've read the report. We can gripe about overreaching law enforcement all we want, but I don't see any difference between operating an unregistered boat and keeping too many fish. He deserves the fine, if not the media circus. Go ahead and send money to Central - and leave some on the sidewalk in Mountain View and South Fairbanks while you're at it.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

AKres, your comments are really pis*ing me off. I wish Jim (an old friend) could read your comments and then beat the **** out of you. He is 71, but pretty sturdy and tough.

I heard he was attaching a punt gun and twin .50cals on a turet to his boat.

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    AKres, your comments are really pis*ing me off. I wish Jim (an old friend) could read your comments and then beat the **** out of you. He is 71, but pretty sturdy and tough.
    Your sarcasm meter is not responding.. Please reboot the system in three...two...one......

Sorry...but the owner of the site has chosen to not offer up a Sarcasm Icon...not my fault, really.
    Newbies....sheeeshhh
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Dont be too pizzed, its Akres sarcasm fer sure........I was rooting for Jim also, but his unregistered boat got the whole thing started. seems like a petty thing and the Rangers didnt handle it well at all, pointing tasers & guns at citizens because they didnt register their boat.......................?

I gotta believe if people treated each other with a little respect this would have never happened...........from both sides.
    When authorities approach people under thsoe circumstances they should be able to recognize the are dealing with indepenedent folks that have the skills and knowledge to take care of themselves...............This was not a freeway in So Cal.

I launched my boat on the Salcha over labor day and the F&G person was dressed in tac vest and full regalia.......now I understand that maybe F&G policy, but it is intimidating and strikes me as confrontational, not the best to way to make folks feel at ease........

Maybe sheep are ok with that type of representation by those we pay to look out for us, but generally not indepedent Alaskans......
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

I thought the same thing when one of them waddled up to us in his body armor last winter on the Fortymile hunt. He looked sillier than confrontational since he was wearing heavy winter gear and then squeezed the body armor over it for the intimidation thing. I hesitate to compare him to the Michelin man because he probably wasn't fat down under, but the puffy jacket under the tight flak vest was a pretty chic look for sure.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

I read the entire brief, at no place contained in that brief was there a justification for the rangers to pull thier firearms and point them at Mr, Wilde and his passengers. Seriously, threaten the lives of others because there are no registration decals on the hull of the boat ! Are you kidding !?!

Hey "D" ! You best pull your gun and point it at those villains, that there is a $50.00 fine running away ! I'm on it "G" ! Dern criminals thinking they ain't gonna pay us our due ! They got another thing commin !

I think a few photos would have led to satisfaction and issuance of a citation.

If I was approached in such a manner as those rangers approached Mr, Wilde, I would not shut down in the middle of the river either (though I would have made a clear indication of my intentions to comply by beaching the boat), I think that is foolish and I think that the judges', and consequently, the laws' interpretation that there was no imminent danger in regard to such action is misguided and erroneous. I believe they need to spend some time on our rivers in a several thousand pound boat without power and see how comfortable they feel about the situation.

Oooh look at the pretty logjam, and those sweepers, Oh my, they sure do reach out far from the bank... and that water, it is sooo COLD, Wow, look at the SIZE of that tree floating down the river ! All common and everpresent potential life threatening hazards on our rivers.

A travesty that could easily have been avoided had both parties behaved in a civilized and reasonable manner, but we all know that attempting to mix oil and water is futile.

BUT WAIT.......HERES A PICTURE OF THE VILLAIN.......................,

I will sure sleep good tonight knowing the rivers are once again safe for us citizens............Those Rangers sure are tuff to take on the likes of Jim Wilde..........!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

OMG he just looks like trouble I feel much more safe. Its police like these guys and the ones that arrest terrible people like Willie Nelson for haveing weed that make this country safe to live in.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast