Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Take a walk.........Tonight.

  1. #1

    Default Take a walk.........Tonight.

    Clear skies, harvest moon (Full moon), turn off the TV'thingie, and take a short walk'about tonight. You'll sleep better.

  2. #2
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    What clear sky? We have a deluge going on.

  3. #3
    Member Gerberman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Soldotna AK, Eugene, OR
    Posts
    612

    Default

    I agree nice and clear here in Oregon. about 55 degrees, lots of moon light.

  4. #4

    Default

    Hiked five miles in the mountains, clear skies, crisp air, moose feeding, Denali was out, caught the glow of the moon on the hike out...doesn't get any better than that!
    Karma is like a rubber band; it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    What clear sky? We have a deluge going on.
    Move to Sunrise, Alaska. 37* above, CAVU, winds calm. Just did 4 miles on the road at a very disappointing 14.25 minute mile pace. Get old SUCKS.

  6. #6

    Default

    A measely 3 miler for me this afternoon. Headed out now for a BEEEEG Fire....Maybe an all nighter.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Get old SUCKS.
    I'll let you know when I get there.

  8. #8

    Default

    Thirty three miles in 4 days...getting chilly out there folks! Time to find my longjanes!
    Karma is like a rubber band; it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.

  9. #9

    Default

    What's a TV'thingie? (I try to avoid all of those technology sorts of things... I say as I sit on the internet). Wish there wasn't an enormous low hitting Western Alaska tonight. I absolutely love clear nights with full moons. I took a stroll today before the sun got covered. Enjoy the moon for me- everyone with the lack of clouds.
    Lone Alaskan Gypsy
    Lover of arctic fox and northern lights.
    Reader of arctic runes. Alaskan storyteller. Handcrafted trinket trader. Grower of organic plants.
    Find me online at www.lonealaskangypsy.com and at fairs, markets, and festivals around AK.

  10. #10

    Default

    Another 20 miles this weekend; the trail was muddy as heck but it beats sitting in front of the television! Hope to hike Flattop tonight, weather permitting!
    Karma is like a rubber band; it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.

  11. #11

    Default

    How many of you continue to hike during the winter months?
    Karma is like a rubber band; it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.

  12. #12
    Member cdubbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KP, the dingleberry of Alaska
    Posts
    1,749

    Default

    Got a little 3-4 mile leg stretcher in before dinner tonight, nice evening calm and warm, suckin' exhaust from commuters the whole way, but it's okay. Be doing that near every night soon and be in goat shape by august!
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

  13. #13

    Default

    We hiked about six miles this morning, no wind, sun was out...beautiful day. Spring is just around the corner. Off to the gym!
    Karma is like a rubber band; it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •