Thread: tomorrow 10/12

Default tomorrow 10/12

anybody going to be out tomorrow?
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Im going to hunt in the Portage area

lol too far from me to make a difference! how has your area been?

I expect to be launching from the Knik about 6 am to hunt dl. Let me know if interested in going with a old man. Bud

check your pm box ak375hh
    Wasilla

Checked my box. No new messages.

The Portage, Placer, 20 mile area started off to be the best season I've seen in my years hunting there. Its suffering now due to this choice migration weather, bluebird, full moon, stars, and favorable winds. That being said, there are still birds that trickle into my spread and I've only been shut out once this season. Lets just all cross our fingers and pray for some more crappy weather to hold those birds that we all know are still north of here. Last time i was out (10/10) I shot two sprigs, a widge, and a mallard. I did see flock after huge flock of canadas leaving but no flocked up puddlers. It gives me hope because in my opinion the pinners, teal, and widgeon are the first to book outta here. I'm hoping for some fatty mallards and some weather that inhibits migration. Cheers to all you reasonable, rational waterfowlers out there and heres hoping for a couple more weeks in the fresh water before we need to turn to more salty pursuits

mmmmmmmmmmm.......wonder why my pm was not working. Anyhow, if interested you are welcome to join me, be about 6:15 am at knik launch, all you need is your gun and waders and maybe a snack. my number is 240 4090 Bud

ps, bring a call unless u want to hear mine
    Wasilla

I have plans at cottonwood with a friend of mine otherwise I would love to go! Maybe if there's another hunt this year I could take you up on the offer. I wish I hadent committed to my other partner now I am sorry. What time will you be back at the launch maybe I can swing in and meet ya. My number is 9520468.

Lee McKnight

who knows, if slow will pick up about 10, back at launch about 11, but I wouldn'b bother trying to meet. Never know what happens. Feel free to call, I am out 2-3 times a week, only on weekends am I not alone. Bud
    Wasilla

If it's slow I'm outta there by about 11 as well. I'll give you a call and see how it went.

Man I wish I had your guys' work schedule. good luck
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Lee they are right at the point as soon as you leave the elbow fairly close to where you were hunting the other day watch the coast

Thank you sir. I will set in my normal spot and move if I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by akdodger View Post
    The Portage, Placer, 20 mile area started off to be the best season I've seen in my years hunting there. Its suffering now due to this choice migration weather, bluebird, full moon, stars, and favorable winds. That being said, there are still birds that trickle into my spread and I've only been shut out once this season. Lets just all cross our fingers and pray for some more crappy weather to hold those birds that we all know are still north of here. Last time i was out (10/10) I shot two sprigs, a widge, and a mallard. I did see flock after huge flock of canadas leaving but no flocked up puddlers. It gives me hope because in my opinion the pinners, teal, and widgeon are the first to book outta here. I'm hoping for some fatty mallards and some weather that inhibits migration. Cheers to all you reasonable, rational waterfowlers out there and heres hoping for a couple more weeks in the fresh water before we need to turn to more salty pursuits

It has indeed been the best season in a long time out here. Went out this morning, 1/4 inch of ice on all the ponds at twenty mile, didn't see anything moving. I'll be out tomorrow but probably towards the placer over flow side of the arm. Hope to here you nailing them.
    --Brad--