Thread: Winchester Model 94 Centennial/Sling

Default Winchester Model 94 Centennial/Sling

I have a Winchester Model 94 Limited Edition Centennial 30-30 and was curious about putting a sling on it. It does not have swivel studs nor a saddle ring and I really dont want to put any in it. I'd like to keep it original. I was looking at the type slings used for Muzzle loader rifles and wondered if anyone has used them before. I was looking at this one: http://www.cowboyneeds.com/062.html . I can see where the leather could eventually mar or scuff the barrel blueing tho.

Default Sling

Uncle Mikes makes a sling swivel for the 94 that clamps around the tubular magazine just ahead of the forearm. There is a muzzle loader type sling that goes over the recoil pad end of a rifle and laces up. combine them and you have a sling on an unmodified rifle.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Hey, That might just work. I used that type of sling swivel on my boys Buckaroo a long time ago.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I don't know what brand it is, but I've had one of those like brav01 mentioned, on my 30-30 for many years. It's a good option IMO.
    Smitty of the North