Thread: Hudson Bay and Long Tail MM

Default Hudson Bay and Long Tail MM

Any of you Hudson Bay guys ever try a Long Tail mudmotor?
    I would like to get a new HB in the spring but won't be able to
    buy a new motor too.

I have a 25 hp mud buddy LT that I would like to use.
    Just wondering if anyone has had any expeirence with one
    on a HB.

Thanks

There has been mention of a HB/longtail user in a thread ... could have been in the long Scott Hudson Bay thread or more likely kandik's thread re: surface-drives on bigger freighters. Somewhere around here I remember seeing pictures of a longtail on a HB. The archives here are a treasure trove of information, but take some lookin'.

put it on an try it out go to Finger Lake an try it out, tell us what you think as the long tai is different than the S--D both are good but different, see what you can do, next try a stream on the parks HW {clear creek} then up clear creek, if it goes well do to little Willow if you can do all 3 of them with out much trouble you can handle any water that you care to go on, 20 Mile is also a good place for the frist trip or 2 of the season, as well as Plaser over flow [not the frist time out ]

forum member 7mmultra ran a hudson bay with a long tail motor I believe. He did fine with it. I could be wrong about the forum member name but I'll try to look into it. His young son even ran the set-up.

sharps5090 ...

Forum member beehop posted his opinion about the longtail he has been using on his Hudson Bay, including a picture, in entry #6:

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-and-mud-buddy