Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Frost

  1. #1
    Member AK375HH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    610

    Default Frost

    Just want to say...this frost is stressing me out a little!
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,073

    Default

    I would bet money on skim ice in the shallows, probably melting in the afternoon sun. I saw ice on water in the shade of the mountains on Sunday afternoon. Supposed to warm up and rain a little this weekend, I haven't heard the "snow" word yet but it can't be far away, maybe a week or two.

  3. #3

    Default

    You should be more concerned about the clear skies...that is what makes the birds move out.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    283

    Default

    I also had ice on some small ponds on Sunday. They were hidden by the mountains so they didn't get any of that direct sunlight until about 11am.
    The ducks didn't seem to mind, they went for the open holes.
    I think when it's cold they seem to hold longer while jump shooting, tight muscles and all.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •