Thread: Polaris Crew 800

Default Polaris Crew 800

I just put a deposit on a 2012 Polaris crew 800. Got it because it could take the whole family. Want to get better tire for when I take it hunting what tire do you all recomend. Thanks Chris

Get over to Hatcher Pass and grab a set of the 27" Zillas. One of the top tires for flotation, Great on the trails and don't chatter yer teeth.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Having owned 28" zillas I can confidently say they are a great choice if you love the mud and consistently frequent hard bottomed bogs. These tires will climb out of the muck like no other tire I have used. I must say, zillas seem to be one of the toughest tires out there too. Although If trails are your primary way of travel, or a mixed variety of what AK has to offer, you are better off with a different tire.

Choosing a tire is always a give and take affair. None are exceptional in all aspects, and all have their downfalls, yet a compromise between mud riding and trail performance is a fine balance. My favorite for all around Ak riding has been the Maxxis Mud Bugs. After logging over 5000 miles on these tires, between two atv's and two sets of tires, and thousands of miles on other brands of tires and machines I still prefer the bugs. I'm not sure how they would perform on a heavier UTV but I would trade the dirt tamers on my 6x6 Ranger in a heart beat for my favored bugs.

If you want one of the better, do it all, ATV tires on the market take a serious look at the bugs.

Thanks for the information will look into both tires

pitbull growlwer. World champion all around tire designed for tuff truck comps. Now sized for utv's rock climbes slings mud and siped for ice and snow. 6 ply radial perfect for the RZR's no tire roll to worry about
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!

27" ITP 589's. 27X11 in the front and back and you'll be good to go for all of it.