Thread: Small Woodstove, small but quality. Suggestions...???

Default Small Woodstove, small but quality. Suggestions...???

Looking for suggestions for a small well built woodstove. No glass door needed. Cabin is only 11' X 23'

The Yukon model from cylinder stoves looks to be big enough for what I'm guessing to be a four hour burn time when fully stoaked with large pieces of spruce. For your size cabin, it'd be fine. Everything nests in the stove. It might burn longer than 4 hours but if I had your size cabin, a four hour wakey wakey aint bad at all. I think everything else out there is just too pricey.

http://www.cylinderstoves.com/stoves-c-21.html

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Looking for suggestions for a small well built woodstove. No glass door needed. Cabin is only 11' X 23'
    11x23? Sounds like a connex.... Anyway, The Vermont Castings 'Aspen' model is a pretty small stove. It's non-catalytic and extremely efficient. It has a fairly functional cooking area on top. It does have a glass door tho. I had one in a 2 story 18x20 (very well built and insulated) cabin, and it was more than enough stove. With birch wood it would hold a fire for 8 or 9 hours or so. It's a very well designed and well built stove.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

AGL4now,

You might consider a Jotul, made in Norway. Their smallest stove is about 12 inches wide, 19 inches deep, and 25 inches tall. It will burn logs up to 16 inches long. Itís called a Jotul F 602 CB. NorthCountry Stoves in Anchorage sells them. It does have some glass, but it has a functional cooking surface. It weighs 160 pounds and produces 28,000 BTU/hour.

Iíve owned three Jotuls, and liked them all very much; two of them were the small stove just described. One of the small stoves was in an 11x17 two story cabin. It could heat that structure from 0 degrees Fahrenheit to 70 degrees in about one hour. The other is in a 20x30 cabin where it has proven to work very well in September weather when I run it for a few hours each evening and each morning. It might be enough for winter use in the 20x30 cabin if it were run constantly.

The Jotul company claims to have sold over 1 million of these small stoves making it ďthe best-selling woodstove ever producedĒ. Iíve become very loyal to the brand, and highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
    You might consider a Jotul, made in Norway.
    I second that. I bought a Jotul 400 about two weeks ago for a 24x24 cabin. The stove heats up quickly and holds a good-sized load of wood.

Default Stove

The 400 is a fine looking stove and should give you many good years of efficient heat. What color did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    The 400 is a fine looking stove and should give you many good years of efficient heat. What color did you get?
    They call it some kind of blue-black, but to me, it looks black. It's the first "pretty" wood stove I've ever had.....all others were just functional (and looked it).

Wow, I sure like that Jotul model F 118 CB (It takes 24" long material, me like that).

Default Stove

Here is a pic of mine but still not installed in the cabin...I like the size and the $250 Craigs List Price was the best part.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Theres a yukon stove for sale in the swap forum....
    BK

Default Jotul

Another vote for the Jotul. The Norwegians know how to build small wood stoves. The F118 is just the ticket.

Default Northbird 1

Was this for the lake cabin? If so that was a good load from the lake to cabin. Now just a matter of stocking the wood shed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    Was this for the lake cabin? If so that was a good load from the lake to cabin. Now just a matter of stocking the wood shed!!!
    Nope....Blaze Princess in that one... a full wood shed is a joy to behold!