Thread: Eklutna black bear

Default Eklutna black bear

Going to head out a little later this morning and look for a black bear up near Eklutna Lake, anyone else headed up that way? Everytime i've gone up there i've always seen bears, both brown and black but never have my bow and this day off will be a good time to head up there and see what I can find. Will be on an older red Honda ForemanES with a big black cargo box on the back, if you see me back there stop and say hey.

....have still been seeing black bears eating berries up high, but below the snow, as recent as Sat/Sun 10/8 and 10/9 in the more southern areas of Chugach State Park. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Going to head out a little later this morning and look for a black bear up near Eklutna Lake, anyone else headed up that way? Everytime i've gone up there i've always seen bears, both brown and black but never have my bow and this day off will be a good time to head up there and see what I can find. Will be on an older red Honda ForemanES with a big black cargo box on the back, if you see me back there stop and say hey.
    Always see bruisers back there! Let me know how you make out. Put the effort in to get up the mountain. On a sheep hunt last year had bears all over us.

How did it go up there?

Is that a draw area only for black and brown bears?