Thread: FamilyMan

Default FamilyMan

In my last thread titled Luck Girl, I forgot to send out a special heart felt thanks to FamilyMan. Being relatively new to AK, I sent out a message ont he Forum asking for assitance getting out in an area where my daughter would have a chance to get a moose. FamilyMan was one of the only members that reach out and gave me some very specific locations and advice in hunting the area. So I would like to at this time like to take a moment to personally thank him for the help he gave my in getting my daughter out to some great locations to look for a moose. It is people like him that are willing to share a little knowlege that make this thread a great tool and a way to meat some great peopl and make friends. With my sincerest thanks to FamilyMan

Akarrows

Thumbs up What goes around comes around

Quote Originally Posted by akarrows View Post
    In my last tread titled Luck Girl, I forgot to send out a special heart felt thanks to FamilyMan. Being relatively new to AK, I sent out a message ont he Forum asking for assitance getting out in an area where my daughter would have a chance to get a moose. FamilyMan was one of the only members that reach out and gave me some very specific locations and advice in hunting the area. So I would like to at this time like to take a moment to personally thank him for the help he gave my in getting my daughter out to some great locations to look for a moose. It is people like him that are willing to share a little knowlege that make this thread a great tool and a way to meat some great peopl and make friends. With my sincerest thanks to FamilyMan

Akarrows
    That's a really nice thing to say akarrows; thanks. I'm sure you or your daughter will have a chance to help others too and when given the opportunity, that you'll do so.

Many others on this forum have helped me as well.

Not to nitpick about your thank-you post, but it was you that gave a specific area where your daughter had drawn a very rare permit indeed - and it was me that offered some guidance that resulted in you and her working your butts off to get in, find them on your own, and then to get your moose out of there. Clearly, nearly the entirety of your success is your hard work to make it so. Great Job!

I congratulate you both of your success, but I congratulate you specifically, for choosing to help instill in young hunters a hunting ethic that will both serve her well, and be of benefit to hunting in general. Two thumbs up!

That is awesome. Good of you to acknowledge someone's help and good of FM to offer info. That makes me rethink a recent decision to withhold my info for those closest to me. Been burnt by the last 5 members and don't like the feeling. Anyways, congratulations all around! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    That is awesome. Good of you to acknowledge someone's help and good of FM to offer info. That makes me rethink a recent decision to withhold my info for those closest to me. Been burnt by the last 5 members and don't like the feeling. Anyways, congratulations all around! Well done!
    Dang I said I would fix your meat wagon and gees I have that hitch for the sled here but u keep forgetting to remind me to give it you...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    Sir squab,

Respectfully, that was one of the most accurate posts I've seen. You are a fine judge of men.

Thank-you,
    Mike
    You need to swing by the house check out the yard...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Dang I said I would fix your meat wagon and gees I have that hitch for the sled here but u keep forgetting to remind me to give it you...
    Oh shut up. You know you aren't on the list. And when you need the trailer next year, it will be pimped out and ready. Just make sure to haul some meat with it next time

I'm really not sure if "they" realize who they are or not. Well maybe one possibly after some subtle comments by yourself and another, but he never has contacted me. Oh well. Maybe it's my fault in the people I choose

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Oh shut up. You know you aren't on the list. And when you need the trailer next year, it will be pimped out and ready. Just make sure to haul some meat with it next time

I'm really not sure if "they" realize who they are or not. Well maybe one possibly after some subtle comments by yourself and another, but he never has contacted me. Oh well. Maybe it's my fault in the people I choose
    Unfortunately I might be back in Afghanistan next September bronco my might headed home when I will be on a plane headed over.. So 2013 we can all go do the christchina hunt... Good way to cap off my Alaska moose hunting adventures because the following year I will have to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    You need to swing by the house check out the yard...
    Looks great so far!!!!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Posts above were just deleted so I am erasing my replies
    Last edited by thewhop2000; 10-11-2011 at 13:28. Reason: post above me was deleted
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?