Thread: +P+ .44 Magnum Loads

Default +P+ .44 Magnum Loads

Does anybody know what powder Buffalo Bore uses in the +P+ .44 Magnum loads, and has anybody worked up any loads that approximate the +P+ 340 grain LBT load?

Check out this month's issue of Handloader. Brian Pearce has 310g bullets going 1521fps with the 300MP powder AND staying within spec'd pressures for the .44 Mag. That's stupid fast for such a large .44cal bullet coming out the end of a pistol while maintaining industry guidelines for pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by IceKing02 View Post
    Check out this month's issue of Handloader. Brian Pearce has 310g bullets going 1521fps with the 300MP powder AND staying within spec'd pressures for the .44 Mag. That's stupid fast for such a large .44cal bullet coming out the end of a pistol while maintaining industry guidelines for pressure.
    I've read that article twice and I'm thinkin' that powder would be good for some honkin' Ruger Only .45 Colt loads. It's says MP300 is slower than H-110.
    Now what ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    I've read that article twice and I'm thinkin' that powder would be good for some honkin' Ruger Only .45 Colt loads. It's says MP300 is slower than H-110.
    Same here. Can't wait to try it.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

I'm about eight years out of that game, but WW296 / H110 (same stuff, different lot #s) was the game back then. I wasn't aware of a new option like MP300. Very interesting. I've gotten over 1400 with WW296 from a Lee 310 gas checked hardcast from my 7.5" SBH.