Thread: Any good samaratins???

Default Any good samaratins???

I am posting this on here for my hunting buddy. After a hunting season full of broken machines, flat tires, plugged fuel filter and whatever else you can imagine the worst has happened. He shipped his gear and meat with his boy's first caribou antlers to anchorage. Everything made it just fine, 3X shrink wrapped and the meat was frozen. He had it loaded onto his trailer and proceeded to strap everything down for the safety of the journey. Near Diamond parking on International Airport rd. he was making a turn when he noticed that there were no antlers in his rear view mirror! So he pulled over and realized somehow he had lost some of his load. He quickly turned around and headed back down the way he came thinking he would find his stuff laying on the side of the road. Now this happened within a matter of 5-10 minutes, as he slowly retraced his steps his hope of finding his gear and antlers diminished. He told me he stopped at numerous steep slopes and walked on foot just in case anything rolled down the slope. To no avail, he was dumbfounded that his stuff disappeared so quickly.
    This is where I reach out to the Hunting community, if you have heard or was the one to find the gear and antlers that day, please let me or my buddy know. Here is the ad he put in the anchorage daily new.
    Lost hunting gear. Reward for return. Lost 1 rifle, 1 bow in hard cases, and son's 1st caribou antlers and misc items. Lost near Diamond parking on Intl Airport Rd. Call 575-5411.The weapons can be replaced, yes, but the antlers are priceless! please help if you can!

Sincerely, Josh M.

What a bummer ! I hope he recovers the lost gear .

He should also make a post on www.alaskaslist.com

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/

Good luck!

I'm sure he probably has but it might be wise to report the loss to APD or the troopers since weapons are involved. That way he shouldn't be liable if something were to happen.

dandeo, you beat me to the punch but that's OK as long as OP gets the troopers and city police notified. Hope it turns out good for ya.

He has reported it to the troopers and APD, especially due to a weapon being lost on the road. I have posted on craigslist and alaskaslist also. He is also going to the taxidermists in the area just in case anyone brings in some caribou antlers that are questionable. I appreciate the help and if anyone hears anything he is offering a reward.