Thread: Tanana river conditions.......at Nenana & upriver...?

Default Tanana river conditions.......at Nenana & upriver...?

Thinking about one last trip out on Sunday, anyone know the water levels and or conditions of the Tanana going up from Nenana......
    I know the river is dropping but wondering if anyone has been on that section of river recently?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Saw a couple of airboats launching at the Chena Pump Campground today. There were 4-5 trucks with empty trailers parked there too. Seemed like the river was flowing good and I didn't see any ice yet.

Just ran down to Willow creek from Fairbanks and back in a 20' Woodrige Alaskan today. Its as low as I have seen it.
    Main channel is fine. Ended up grounding out on the side channel. No ice though. Overall nice day. Dress warm.

I was down from the camp ground today also. River was low, ice up in the slack water sloughs. Let me know if you plans change John, me and the daughter are headed back down tomorrow to play in the new toy. You’re welcome to come along.

Thanks for the info, we ended up putting in at the campground today and running up Salchaket Slough some 20-25 miles, finally turned around when I had to make too many descions at once and made a right when I shoulda made a left.........LOL..
    Took about a 1/2 hour to get free, what a gorgeous day it was..............
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ak/nwis/current/?type=flow

scroll down till you get to the tananas, its always up during flowing water.

Ran down today close to willow creek, it sure is dropping fast. 1" or greater ice on all the standing water. This weekend will be my last run of the year.

Your last run of the year Fozz? You big SISSY! It's just getting good out there. Only problem I have is I can't launch from the house due to low water on the Chena. Hope to get my flatbottom out (nope, not talking about the one I'm sitting on at the moment) one way or the other this weekend.
    I'd guess that the side channels are a bit low now. Might be intersting to see if I can wiggle through some of them. Glad to hear Mike (Madboater) is human and gets stuck too.
    ARR

ARR, one more run on Sunday with OZ and his Son. I think you should let me pull you around in your flat bottom and see if I can make a sissy out of you. Just make sure you bring some goggles and a helmet lmao..

Gee Fozzy, this from a guy that I taught the river to. I'm thinking you are better now than you were, I'm thinking you're not good enough yet. Even w/ an airboat. But keep aspiring.
    You and OZ should have some fun over there. Hope you guys do make it out. I'll get the low down from Oz when he hits work Monday.
    ARR

Sorry Greg, just joking. Your wecome to come along if you like. I think were leaving mid morning on Sun. I gotta fim up the plans with Mike.

No worries, I knew it was all fun. You and Mike go do your thing. You've got my number if needed. Remember, I can only get as close as the deep water as I am only a lowly jet boater.