Thread: Price check on S&W 460 5"

Default Price check on S&W 460 5"

Just wondering what one of those is going for now a days. Looking at a ported 5" and I heard they were discontinued earlier in the year.

Mountaintrekker

They're still plenty around. I hate Wal-mart with a passion, but they do have the cheapest prices I've seen, just under $1000. I don't think they discontinued them.
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?” --Jack Handy

I didn't see them on the S&W site...

They are not discontinued, they did a run last spring and will do another next spring . . . don’t know why they don’t show on the web but they haven’t since late 2008. I also hate Wall-Mart but at $998 they are priced right with the used ones when they come up, other shops are around $1200.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

As a side note, saw some Buffalo Bore 460 on clearance at MidwayUSA last night. Normally $56 on sale for $39. Pricey still, but a good deal unless you roll your own perhaps.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/480...nose-box-of-20

-Dan

FYI their 360gr loads expand to a level at which the brass sticks. Might've been some low QC that day

Food for thought
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Might've been some low QC that day

Rolling your own has more and more advantages I am learning. Cost effective for sure, especially depending on calibers. Owning 10mm, 500 S&W, 32 H&R Mag, 44 special, 44 mag, 300 weatherby, 7.62x54R, and 50 BMG, reloading will allow me to actually shoot my guns. The ammo prices for these calibers borders on the absurd. Then there is the quality of the ammo to consider, customizing a load for a given application or gun. So many reason to roll your own.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Rolling your own has more and more advantages I am learning. Cost effective for sure, especially depending on calibers. Owning 10mm, 500 S&W, 32 H&R Mag, 44 special, 44 mag, 300 weatherby, 7.62x54R, and 50 BMG, reloading will allow me to actually shoot my guns. The ammo prices for these calibers borders on the absurd. Then there is the quality of the ammo to consider, customizing a load for a given application or gun. So many reason to roll your own.
    Agreed. I'm working my way into the reloading realm, just hafta find room in the garage that's already packed lol
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    As a side note, saw some Buffalo Bore 460 on clearance at MidwayUSA last night. Normally $56 on sale for $39. Pricey still, but a good deal unless you roll your own perhaps.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/480...nose-box-of-20
    -Dan
    Only problem is shipping to Alaska. Will Midway ship Hazmat? Then there is the issue of the cost. We did a couple group buys on powder a few years ago and it required some hoop jumps and a fairly large order split between several guys to make it cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Only problem is shipping to Alaska. Will Midway ship Hazmat?
    Yes they ship hazmat UPS Ground . . . but as I think Snyd knows not to Alaska, that would be “UPS Air” not Ground. Even if they call it "ground it still goes on an airplane to Alaska so no hazmat. There are a couple places that will FedEx ammo/powder/primers here but there goes the savings.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Only problem is shipping to Alaska. Will Midway ship Hazmat? Then there is the issue of the cost. We did a couple group buys on powder a few years ago and it required some hoop jumps and a fairly large order split between several guys to make it cost effective.

Good point. When I was working in Kotz in 2004 I got the RCBS rock chucker kit with intentions to start reloading. Then found out I couldn't get primers and powder. Duh. Paid the Midway restocking fee and kicked myself in the rear. Working out of state for six years and never got around to RE buying equipment till now. Seven years later, I am finally getting into reloading.