Thread: moose in a minute

Default moose in a minute

My photographer hunting pal as always wanted to do a time lapse of butchering a moose and this year he got his chance. I shot this cow at 90yds dead center between the eyes. We pulled her with the truck down the road to where we had a nice cleaning station, so no that is not where I shot her. enjoy.

http://youtu.be/j1_vbwu3Imo

That is a nice demo that some may find helpful. Well done, leaving a clean site there.

Very nice and "new" material for a post - very cool...
    Man, you guys need to cut waaaayyyyy back on the caffeine though!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Wow, that's pretty cool. Can I get you to slow that down to about 10x slower so I can see what your doing??? LOL....

Looked like it was pre-gutted? That's quite a bit different than how I do it. Neat to see how someone else does it.

Also makes you realize how much time we humans spend wandering around looking for things...

I think this clip and the written techniques posted on how to process a moose would make a fine sticky for the hunting subforum or the Game Care sub forum.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: When we've done them, we placed the tarp down … and then pulled the skin onto the tarp. I like your technique better.
    1) Skin the moose starting from the sternum and working towards the back…
    2) Remove the entire side, place a clean tarp down over the skin and then roll the moose onto the clean tarp.

Reduces potential for contamination. Very nice job.

It was pre-gutted before the video. We have done it multiple diffrent ways starting at the back, not gutting them till the end.... just depends on what we have to work with.

After watching this I relized that I think our beer/smoke breaks are about as long as our actual working time. Oh well at that point there is no reason to rush.

Very cool beans!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Nice job. That's a pretty cool video.