Thread: Tasty little treats

Default Tasty little treats

I plucked and injected some mallards from this weekends extracuricular activities. We smoked the three mallards and some widgeon, pintail, canvasback, goose, and teal breasts. I will never cook a duck any other way again. I cooked the ducks for the 16 other co-workers that are all anti-duck eaters, but not anymore they couldn't keep there hands off of it. Not a morsel left after 20 minutes. The trick is to slow smoke for a couple hours at around 200 degrees and keep the skin on it helps to keep the bird moist. I also tried a little cajun butter inject with a Dr. pepper up the rear. Man it was good. A couple of the guys actually said they were gonna go buy a shotgun and start hunting. I should have taken a picture it looked like a gourmet meal.

Interesting! Sounds like something I'll have to try. Just so I understand completely, did you breast out all of the birds, keeping the breast bone, or just boneless breast meat with the skin on?

Did you inject the Cajun butter and Dr. Pepper into the meat?

Erich

I think that he went through the effort of plucking the whole duck, injecting the breast meat with cajun butter, and they shoved a DP up the gutted out duck cavity.......

Definately the best way to do it, but it is a lot of work. Did I mention that I do not like duck plucking.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    I think that he went through the effort of plucking the whole duck, injecting the breast meat with cajun butter, and they shoved a DP up the gutted out duck cavity.......

Definately the best way to do it, but it is a lot of work. Did I mention that I do not like duck plucking.....

Thats exactly how I do it. I hear ya on the duck plucking , but it is definately the best way to do it.

WHAT? Do you leave the DP in the can and poke hole in it?