Thread: Coming

Default Coming

I coming back home from my deployement toward the end of this month. Is there any chance I can go somewhere and get a Caribou with my bow. What about blacktail? Do I just need to wait until next year? Thanks in advance for help.

North Slope for bou, shoot cows for meat because bulls taste like rotten ass

Default TY

Quote Originally Posted by txbowhunter254 View Post
    I coming back home from my deployement toward the end of this month.
    Thank you for your service.

Sorry I can't help answer your question, because I would if I could. Glad wiso gave you some advice, and hope many other members do so. We all (that did not go over there) owe you.

Quote Originally Posted by txbowhunter254 View Post
    I coming back home from my deployement toward the end of this month. Is there any chance I can go somewhere and get a Caribou with my bow. What about blacktail? Do I just need to wait until next year? Thanks in advance for help.
    As wiso said, take a look at the Haul Road for caribou. Please note that you must be IBEP certified if you want to hunt the archery only area which is the area within the 5-mile corridor of the road. If not certified, you will have to find a way to get outside that corridor.

Lots of information on here. Just do a quick search for "Haul Road" and you will get tons of information.

Now my hunting buddy is deploying when I get back I guess I might have to wait until next year. I do have my bow cert. Just have to find some brave enough to bear the cold

Haul Road. I know you have the gear to handle the cold, get out and hunt. I've hunted the haul road in December twice and it wasn't too bad.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

December Brr...But then again, if waited couple weeks I hear you can drive along and spot them frozen in place..Won,t even have to shoot them Just tip over throw them in the truck.. LOL...
    http://blog.quickmeme.com/post/10111...d-frozen-blown

That picture was staged. It didn't freeze standing up. Someone stood it up for the photo.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine