Thread: Delta River Information Needed

Default Delta River Information Needed

I am looking at doing a fall duck and bear hunt on the Delta River South of Delta Junction and am wondering if any one has informtion on the river condition this time of year and if it big enough for a jet boat. I have an 18' yamaha G3 with a 90/65 jet. My buddy also has a 697 cow moose tag as well and info or help will be much appreciated.

After further information from my buddy it appears as though there may be no way to get a boat across the river to DM697. Any help would be great.

The water level is too low and what water is there is moving pretty fast. Some areas braid extensively making it worse. I've waded the river and been across on a raft and wheeler this fall (raft earlier and atv later). I would not try to take a jet boat up the river.

In some locations earlier in the year I watched people ferry atvs across on jon boats...but hairball doesn't begin to describe it.

You can take atvs across at some locations but be careful, I've already heard of several going in the drink...including my buddy's.

Thank you for the information I think we are going to take the wheelers. Any help on agoo place to cross and is there many atv trails off the river. Thanks!