Thread: Gun Show at UAF this weekend

Default Gun Show at UAF this weekend

Just a reminder about the gun show

Tanana Valley Rifle & Pistol Club semi-annual gun show
    Patty Center at University of Alaska Fairbanks
    October 8th 10a-5p
    October 9th 10a-4p

Also open to any thoughts/feedback/comments/discussion about the show.

I bought my first handgun at that show 22 yrs ago, the show was great... the POS taurus semi auto that I bought could not cycle in the cold and was a jamomatic, but that aside I enjoyed the show...

Picked up a pretty fair S&W 657 stainless 41mag 4" for 350.00, plus 1and 2/3 boxes of Hornady 180 gr 30 cal sp's for 5 bucks, and a nice israeli FAL mag for another 5 bucks. Sold 5 guns and a small pile of ammo. Altogether a good show for me.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Beanie babies, beef jerky/jam dealers. Seemed like 99% of the stuff was the same from previous years, but the 1% was interesting. Like the non-compliant STG some idiot built and was on display, when I told him it wasn't compliant and could get him in club fed, his response was "well a top-builder in Anch. built it". Idiot. Or an ATF plant. There was the excellent condition, no import marked, all-matching 8mm-'06 a guy had, by the time I came back from my dorm with the money, someone else had bought it. I remember is was about $300.00. I should have given him my drivers license to hold it. One year someone had a beautiful .500 A-Square Hannibal. I almost bought that too, but I already have one so in the interest of domestic tranquility....
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

On the whole a good show. I picked 500 bullets for my 44 and some stripper clips to play with in my mauser. I nice Stevens 325 in 30-30 also followed me home, I have always wanted one for shooting cast bullets and for the price with an old weaver K3 scope it was a good deal. I also looked long and hard at a few 1917 Enfields but decided that I really did not need one so let them stay. There was also a nice Ruger model 77 in 358 win with a 1.5-5 VX III scope for $700 that was real tempting, when I went back by the table it was gone, so someone must be happy.

Well worth 3 hours of my time and the $5 to get in.