Thread: CAPT Nakagawa

Default CAPT Nakagawa

CAPTGordon Nakagaw USN, Great american, great shooter, passed away recently. see link above

Interned in WWII by the government, he went on to fly 185 combat missions and was a POW in Vietnam.

Great handgun coach, I learned much from his instruction. Lead USNA teams to many wins.

He taught me to shoot at and hit earplugs with a daisy pellet pistol one handed, building my confidence as a pistol shooter.

He was instrumental in reviving the NAVY FLT matches and providing Navy Trophy Rifles to shooters

welfare state of Alaska

Default RIP Capt. Nakagawa

America needs more heros like Capt. Nakagawa! May he rest in peace and never be forgotten.

And we need a news media that will report the loss of these heros rather that dwell on some POS from Hollywood.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Thanks for sharing that, Allen. It sounds like you were very lucky to have crossed paths and been coached by that man.

Those A-6 pilots in Vietnam had a very dangerous mission. A former co worker flew A-6's, it sounded very hairy. He was a humble type and it was tough to drag a war story out of him.

Your absolutely correct, tvfinak. It would be great if the news would focus more on real heroes instead of the losers who are on a life mission to draw attention to themselves!....Louis
    Louis Knapp

Thanks for sharing that Allen...

John USN Ret