Thread: My New 1911 (Sort-A)

Default My New 1911 (Sort-A)

I posted a picture of my Springfield 45 ACP that rides with me or in the truck every day a while back when I tested the Buffalo Bore 255 grain hard cast

The old warhorse shows the use and neglect as this photo illustrates

I decided to drop it off with JRH Advanced Gunsmithing to be fitted with a new Kart barrel and adjustable rear Novak sight as well as a general face lift including checkering the front strap

Here are a couple of pictures of it that I received via e-mail today

I had them set it up to shoot 45 ACP, +P and 45 Super with an 18.5 pound recoil spring

Quote Originally Posted by jwp500 View Post
    I decided to drop it off with JRH Advanced Gunsmithing to be fitted with a new Kart barrel and adjustable rear Novak sight as well as a general face lift including checkering the front strap.
    Looks great!
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Looks really sharp! I like the front strap checkering, plus all the polishing. Looks like you had a new trigger installed to boot. Keep us posted on how well it shoots with the new Kart barrel.

What an absolutely beautiful weapon. Me, being a HUGE fan of 1911's myself! Looks flawless. Not to big on the nickel plated finish, but hey its sharp. Quick question for you as well.... Does that have the 90's series firing pin?

x_hot_sauce_X

To my eyes, there is no hand gun ever made that looks as good as a well set up 1911 Govt. Mod. Just looking at your pictures makes me want to reach in the night stand and look at mine. That is a good looking pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    To my eyes, there is no hand gun ever made that looks as good as a well set up 1911 Govt. Mod. Just looking at your pictures makes me want to reach in the night stand and look at mine. That is a good looking pistol!
    I agree with you hole heartedly
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.