Thread: Blinds

Default Blinds

What do you guys carry for blinds? Obviously camo material but I mean for stakes...broom handles...conduit...need something to pack on my four wheeler. Thanks guys.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

I use the green plastic garden stakes you buy at Home Depot. They are made of a thin metal tube dipped in plastic. Didn't realize that until I cut one in half with a chop saw. Lots of pretty sparks. :-)

I use the hunter's specialty blinds. It's 5 telescoping poles with a pointy end, and a big camo 3D netting. They work great, and are very light. I got mine from cabelas for $49.99. I also wear a ghilly suit top, and that works extremely well.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

A pair of pruners to cut willows. Each year my spot gets more built up with sticks making it easier to just brush it up prior to the hunt.

Chicken wire works great once it has been grassed up and zip tied with fast grass or the artificial stuff...out at DL it will probably rust in one year though... I have used the material used to make nets to catch birds and keep them in on game farms...great stuff..think Lowes has it. Once you measure your piece and lay it out.zip tie grass or whatever material you use on it and roll it up and go..works great for boats,permanent blinds and temp. Tough as nails and only has heavy as you make it.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I also use the green garden stakes, as well as some bamboo. With four of them and a piece of that military surplus camo netting you can make a quick blind that's cheap. Brush it up with local materials as necessary. I wrapped a zip tie around the top end so the camo netting would have something to hang on. But a guy almost always has duct tape in his bag too.

I also use the garden stakes from home depot normally bamboo and some natural materials as well.

I use 3 old fiberglass tent poles from a dome tent. I drill small holes in the metal conecting parts and attatch loops of wire to them, then I just use clips to attatch my camo material to the tent poles.
    The tent poles stick in mud pretty good and fold up nicely. I also recently built a blind for my boat using tent poles and it seems to be working ok so far.