Thread: Hewes craft info needed

Default Hewes craft info needed

Ok, My boat and info is on base and I live south side of town. I need to replace my wipers and Don't know what size to get. I have an Alaskan 26ft.
    I did call D#$%#% and they told me they don't have that info and to call Hewes craft in Washington...
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

My 22' takes a 16" blade. You can call Hewescraft & talk to carie ann in parts. She's good & knows their boats.

Default Wipers

I went through this earlier this year with my 2003, 22' Searunner.

Both my motors were bad. I pulled them both out and saw the manufacturer’s name and part number on the motor. So, I went on line and ordered straight from them. Good service and the parts I needed got to me quickly. Here is the link to the manufacturer for the wipers on my boat: http://store.amequipment.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Ok, My boat and info is on base and I live south side of town. I need to replace my wipers and Don't know what size to get. I have an Alaskan 26ft.
    I did call D#$%#% and they told me they don't have that info and to call Hewes craft in Washington...

I don't know exactly what you mean by "I need to replace my wipers". Do you need motors, arms, and blades or just some of the parts? As AKDewey said, Carrie Anne at Hewescraft knows her stuff and has been a great resource for me in the past. She can send OEM parts directly to you, and their prices aren't bad at all (usually cheaper than local, even after shipping).

If you want to replace your motors with aftermarket stuff, stay away from the AFI-1000 motors. They are too small and you'll burn them up quickly (I did). Get something bigger. I did have better luck with AFI motors when I adjusted them to a 65-degree sweep instead of an 80-degree sweep. At 80-degrees, it was really easy to get an arm stuck outside the rubber window seal. That'll wreck stuff in a hurry.

I prefer the AFI arms, though, because they have set screws to prevent the arms from stripping on the wiper motor studs. The OEM arms from Hewescraft do not.

I was looking for whiper blades.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK