Thread: Soldotna Hardware Moose

Default Soldotna Hardware Moose

Stopped in the hardware store yesterday in need of some emergency parts for a trailer. Noticed a moose hanging in the back with one of the coolest browtine configurations I've seen. Anybody know who hunter was who shot it?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Default Trustworthy hardware moose

Well, I dunno. I met a guy this Fall caribou hunting that told me he had a world record moose hung in trustworthy hardware, Kenny Bingaman. I don't know the details of this moose, but I believe it was at one time THE world record, but was disallowed from Boone and crocket due to same day air?.. It used to be legal. I am not positive about Kenny's moose, just what I have heard. I think another moose is hung in there now from unit 23.. porcupine herd?....

http://www.asomagazine.com/magazinepdf/0507/050.pdf this one is a good story.. his buddy got to shoot first.. just didn't see the monster, and shot the much smaller bull traveling with him.

Quote Originally Posted by anchorrivercrowds View Post
    Well, I dunno. I met a guy this Fall caribou hunting that told me he had a world record moose hung in trustworthy hardware, Kenny Bingaman. I don't know the details of this moose, but I believe it was at one time THE world record, but was disallowed from Boone and crocket due to same day air?.. It used to be legal. I am not positive about Kenny's moose, just what I have heard. I think another moose is hung in there now from unit 23.. porcupine herd?....

http://www.asomagazine.com/magazinepdf/0507/050.pdf this one is a good story.. his buddy got to shoot first.. just didn't see the monster, and shot the much smaller bull traveling with him.
    Not that one. It wasn't that impressive from a width standpoint, but had really interesting brows. Should have snapped a iphone picture.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

The one in the Ace or Truevalue, can't remember which, on Jewel Lake in Anchorage is pretty gnarly. Big club of an antler on one side if I remember right. There's also a unique moose rack hanging in The Artic Roadrunner, one side looks like a big stump burl off a cypress tree or something.