Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who does good waterfowl taxidermy?

Default who does good waterfowl taxidermy?

who do you guys recomend?

Griff

Lot of info on the forum if you search a bit....heard there is a guy out by Big Lake that does a good job
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Birds By Ed out past big lake, my neighbor. he does an awesome job. he has a bunch of mounts in his shop you can look at too. He does a bunch (if not all) of the birds for knight taxidermy.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

I use Ed, a lot of taxidermist shops around here send the birds to him. I have 6 birds in my house that were done by him, and 3 more in his shop right now. Ed is the guy in big lake everybody is referring to. Are you getting that canvasback mounted?
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

If you do use Ed, look out int eh fields past hte brush pile and wave if you see me. Should be workin out there for a few more weeks yet.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    If you do use Ed, look out int eh fields past hte brush pile and wave if you see me. Should be workin out there for a few more weeks yet.
    this does me no good.

does your taxidermist have to be in Alaska? Because I can recommend a person in California that does great work, reasonable price.

Dan at Back CountryTaxidermy does and awesome job...
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Rich Dykema, with Fowl Play Taxidermy in Soldotna. http://www.bird-taxidermy.com/
    My buddies and I have used him for several years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin4590 View Post
    this does me no good.
    You could swing by for some sweet tea and 'maters and peppers.....that would do you good.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    You could swing by for some sweet tea and 'maters and peppers.....that would do you good.
    you need a life...

I would give the nod to Birds by Ed as well. The stuff hanging in his studio was top notch!! Rich Dykema never called me back or returned emails. I should be getting my surf scoter back here really soon!!!

www.birdmanstudios.com

Todd's work is second to none. Years from now you won't worry about spending a few extra bucks when you've got an amazing mount on the wall. I just got back a black duck from him and I'll never send another BIRD anywhere else, be it waterfowl or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    www.birdmanstudios.com

Todd's work is second to none. Years from now you won't worry about spending a few extra bucks when you've got an amazing mount on the wall. I just got back a black duck from him and I'll never send another BIRD anywhere else, be it waterfowl or anything else.
    wow. amazing work. how did you go about the shipping to and from process?

I've been watching birdman in Colorado for awhile as well. I never did get the game I was wanting to send him but I've seen some really neat prairie grouse out of his camp. I can send pictures if you really want to see them (from friends, not on the website.) He has a field care and shipping section on his website but maybe you are looking for actual details of who did the shipping and costs, etc.
    Go Big Red!

Shipping birds costs just as much as it does to get it mounted. I found this out when I sent my dad a drake harlequin. 300 bucks to send it to Oregon through UPS. Just something you might want to consider when getting it done out of state.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Rick Richardson at Caribou Unlimited does great work.

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    I use Ed, a lot of taxidermist shops around here send the birds to him. I have 6 birds in my house that were done by him, and 3 more in his shop right now. Ed is the guy in big lake everybody is referring to. Are you getting that canvasback mounted?
    I totally agree Tom. I had a black duck done in Delaware, and it was $175.00 bucks to ship it. Spacial weight is a real pain in the *****! And to top it all of the mount sucks too. Guess that means I have to shoot another one this January, and bring it back to Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    Shipping birds costs just as much as it does to get it mounted. I found this out when I sent my dad a drake harlequin. 300 bucks to send it to Oregon through UPS. Just something you might want to consider when getting it done out of state.
    yep thats one. guess i'll re think shipping it

Some, definately not all, do Alaska Air Cargo and significantly reduces the price. It's worth asking a taxidermist that is "far away"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast