Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Freighters on Shipping Sneakboat to Alaska!..Any ideas

  1. #1
    Sponsor Duckhunter01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, Trapper Creek, Seward
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Freighters on Shipping Sneakboat to Alaska!..Any ideas

    Did some searching on the forum..didnt find much. Worked up a bid sheet on Uship.com...any ideas as to who ships from the lower 48 up here on a crate holding a sneak boat?

    I know it is going to be cheaper to make one....or buy one locally if they ever come up for sale. the one I am looking at is what I need..lol(like all the other stuff), got two years to play with this. If I can get a reasonable quote worked up, I can get him busy on building it.

    Just looking for information to see if it is really going to be worth it...Thanks
    DH
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

  2. #2
    Member Boomstickalaskan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    48

    Default

    If you have a friend in the lower 48. You could have them saw the boat in half and send it on a pallet book rate. Then just Fiberglas it back together when it gets here. Lol

  3. #3
    Member AK Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    You going for the chuck huff?

    Carlisle trucking can ship less than load consolidation out of many places in the L48.

    Yellow and Roadway have combined into one business YRC. Lou Tish at Lock Stock and Barrel uses them for shipping his boats if he can not drive to deliver it.

    Viking Freight is a west coast business and does well on shipping to AK. If you can get the boat to one of their western state freight docks.

  4. #4
    Sponsor Duckhunter01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, Trapper Creek, Seward
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    LMAO...I can see me and fiberglass..lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Boomstickalaskan View Post
    If you have a friend in the lower 48. You could have them saw the boat in half and send it on a pallet book rate. Then just Fiberglas it back together when it gets here. Lol
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

  5. #5
    Sponsor Duckhunter01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, Trapper Creek, Seward
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Thanks Ray..might send them an email....It is coming from NC if I can get a good price. I dont mind paying for it..but want to get the best quote I can. It will be there in AK forever.



    Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    You going for the chuck huff?

    Carlisle trucking can ship less than load consolidation out of many places in the L48.

    Yellow and Roadway have combined into one business YRC. Lou Tish at Lock Stock and Barrel uses them for shipping his boats if he can not drive to deliver it.

    Viking Freight is a west coast business and does well on shipping to AK. If you can get the boat to one of their western state freight docks.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

  6. #6
    Sponsor Duckhunter01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, Trapper Creek, Seward
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Thanks..just worked up quotes with both companies..will post what they shoot me so all can get an idea on what it would cost. I also have contacted two others I found.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

  7. #7
    Member AK DUCKMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    Did some searching on the forum..didnt find much. Worked up a bid sheet on Uship.com...any ideas as to who ships from the lower 48 up here on a crate holding a sneak boat?

    I know it is going to be cheaper to make one....or buy one locally if they ever come up for sale. the one I am looking at is what I need..lol(like all the other stuff), got two years to play with this. If I can get a reasonable quote worked up, I can get him busy on building it.

    Just looking for information to see if it is really going to be worth it...Thanks
    DH
    Hugh
    Pm Sent

  8. #8
    Member akblackdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    uship.com will come up with some very good quotes, just be patient. You can also send them pm and negotiate them down lower quite easily. They are also insured and reliable, not some mom & pop outfit. Bud
    Wasilla

  9. #9
    Sponsor Duckhunter01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, Trapper Creek, Seward
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Yep...all over it..thanks


    Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    uship.com will come up with some very good quotes, just be patient. You can also send them pm and negotiate them down lower quite easily. They are also insured and reliable, not some mom & pop outfit. Bud
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

  10. #10
    Sponsor Duckhunter01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, Trapper Creek, Seward
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    so far..lowest quote is 1900 to WA state and 600 from WA to AK...almost doable..got to wait on three other companies and he might get the green light to start building a duck killing machine...What do you guys think...seems about right.

    some have offered 8K..in a flatbed truck..lol, I know I left that option open on the guote sheet..but for that price..I could drive to NC and back..lol
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •