Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ft Rich moose hunters

Default Ft Rich moose hunters

Head to bulldog trail... Area should be open, it's a walk in area from what I was told.

I think everbody who has that tag has pretty much tagged out except for me .............. has anyone seen that 6 brow tine/mid 60 inch bull around ? or did run back onto the small arms range?

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    I think everbody who has that tag has pretty much tagged out except for me .............. has anyone seen that 6 brow tine/mid 60 inch bull around ? or did run back onto the small arms range?
    You're not the only one. My dad is still out looking too.

There is at least 3 of us - anyone have any updates on what units and approx locations all these bulls went down - heard it was 425

Again what do I know the game wardens are the ones that told me.

I remember when I was chasing them a few years ago with my bow, the ones I wanted to get my hands on were just about a mile down from the the ski slopes at the end of Arctic Valley but they were down in the gulley about a mile down the steep slope. It would have been hell trying to get one out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Head to bulldog trail... Area should be open, it's a walk in area from what I was told.
    I did bulldog trail today......went 3.7 miles in, saw one hiker and a couple walking their dog through the woods......just what I wanted to see while trying to hunt moose. I'm sure none of them had a rec pass either....

Did you start on the ft rich side??? Or the other end

Funny...i saw a couple with a dog coming back down the trail from WAY up past 429. I think They were in Unit 430 which was supposed to be closed. I stayed close in an glassed instead - saw nuthin

Went again today 429 430 and of course.......nothin' Theres some training going on in the urban assault area and 425 is closed, I'm sure if theres moose there gone by now from all the small arms fire, might want to try high up towards the biathalon course or towards the ski hill.....but I know my limitations, I'm not going to shoot a moose down in those deep gullies.........maybe even try the north side.

WOW i might have to try for this tag, sounds like a awsome hunt

kahawa - clear your PM's would like to send you one.

Lol you guys kill me those moose won't go anywhere cause of the small arms fire... Pictures of a nice one wandering through housing the other day...

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    kahawa - clear your PM's would like to send you one.
    Go for it......PM box cleared

I finally tagged out (8 Oct) !!!!..............story and pictures to come......I'm beat right now, even though I dropped him about 10 feet off the road, tired and going to bed.

Sweet! Can't wait to hear the story and see the pictures tomorrow. Congrats!

Here ya go .....36" not a big rack, but he had a big body!!!!, and all I was thinking was Jalepeno cheese hot dogs from pioneer meats!!!... any ways I couldn't find the big trophy bulls we had seen in the off season, and I hiked just about evrywhere in Arctic valley and put alot of miles on my boots and my mountain bike (since its non motorized) in the most remote areas, hoping not to run into the big brownie..... My wife has been "hounding" me to get this hunt over with, cause I spent many hours after work and weekends hunting these moose, did pass on two smaller bulls early in the season but they were just small bodied.....

Attachment 53881

Hope you all can see the photo, I loaded it, but with different cameras this forum loads different. I don't like photobucket, for some reason everyone and their brother can view all my pics, and had some negative comments from a few girls from a some organization that didn't like the fact I killed a zebra in Africa......anyway story to follow because this hunt comes with a twist......

if not can someone fix it so others can see it....thanks

Chuck

i cant wait to hear the story myself! LMAO today about it

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    i cant wait to hear the story myself! LMAO today about it
    I will, soon as I take care of the moose meat , clean my bloody truck, finish your cape, clean all my gear.....oh by the way.....I still haven't recovered the broad head.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast