Thread: Great Archery Store in Anchorage

Thumbs up Great Archery Store in Anchorage

It seems like its harder and harder to find good personalized service when you are spending your hard earned money these days, I just want to let you guys know of a place I think is great!

My wife and I decided we wanted to get into Archery. I have a good friend who shoots and has been trying to get me into it for years. The wife one day said she wanted to try it out, so I got with my buddy and we went to Full Curl Archery in Anchorage yesterday. We really were just going to look and see if she could pull the bow back, neither 1 of us had ever shot a bow. When we got to the store there were 2 employees there Dave Kaiser and Kevin Koshimizu and several customers and a few shooting on their indoor range. No one bothered us for a few minutes as we just looked around (which I like). I told Kevin we were new to the sport and he started the education, taking us through the various options for bows, sights... the works. We told him we were just looking and he said no problem if you want try one just let him know, we said ok. We took him up on the offer and that is when it started... what started was one of the BEST small retail store experiences I have ever had. We told them several times we were just looking and didn't plan to buy anything today. Well Kevin took my wife and Dave got me and we spent the next 3 hours with those guys trying 4-5 bows each and getting a beginner lesson on Bow shooting. The wife got 4 bulls-eyes on the 1st 4 shots, She was sold! Made it a lot easier for me! if ya know what I mean. We had so much fun and the guys were so nice even when we had told them we were not buying today several times. Anyway, after 3 hours of playing we stepped out side and both said we were hooked let's do this. We went back in and told Dave we wanted to get our bows, of course he said great. I chose an Elite Hunter
    and the wife got a Mathews Jewel. It was close to closing time by now and we live out in the Valley. Dave asked when we would be back in town to pick up the bows. Well we really hadn't planned on being back for a couple of weeks, .. Dave offered to stay after closing time and finish putting together our bows if we could come back in a couple of hours and then he would adjust the sights and make sure the bows were setup correct for us and let us shoot a few before we left. We really appreciated that and that is what we did. Ya we spent some money with these guys but what has sold me on them is the 3 hours they spent with us just "trying it out" with no expectation of a sale.

I really appreciated everything Dave and Kevin did while we were at their store, they have created a very loyal customer and we look forward to doing business with them in the future. BTW I have NO connection to them whatsoever other than spending yesterday afternoon at their store.

Next year on the Dalton those Caribou better watch out, the Wife is goin' huntin'! :-)
    Give Dave Kaiser at Full Curl Archery a try next time you need something, these are the kind of folks we need to support.

I also picked up my first bow at Full Curl. Dave helped me out by letting me shoot as many models as i wanted to let me see what felt best in my arms. Couldn't have asked for a better experience in buying a first bow. Great people and great store. Now to start burning up some arrows.

If you think you are hooked now right before the next time you come into town call FCA and reserve an hour on the video range, bring the bows and accessories and do your in town stuff. Hit you video reserved time. It is as close to hunting as you can get.
    Full Curl is awesome.

Just went to FCA yesterday to shoot my bow for the first time. Its a pretty sweet setup down there. They were very helpful in answering any questions I had about sighting in my bow. After a couple hours I was grouping pretty tight at 20 yrds and tried out the techno hunt. I was like a little kid in an arcade. Highly recommended. Nice folks too. Living around the corner, I'm sure I'll be a regular throughout the winter.

The only thing I can complain about Full Curl is that they are all the way in south Anchorage and I live in Eagle River! I have been there numerous times and seen them help everyone from folks that are new to archery to "old pros". I am looking forward to trying out Elite's new "Answer" bow sometime very soon. Dave, Joni, Kevin and all the others deserve a thumbs up for running a great shop, especially considering they have other full time jobs.

Steve

Talking

I have scheduled the class with Kevin @ Full Curl Archery as a part of my "quit drinking alcohol therapy" and I have to say I got hooked on archery with the very first arrow I shut! Kevin is an excellent instructor, very knowledgable and patient. I scheduled several more classes and ordered a bow (2011 Hoyt Pro Hawk) for myself. The thrill is unbelievable, and I would like to continue my learning and go and assassinate me a caribou next hunting season. The only thing ~ I am a woman, and unfortunately lots of guys here think that taking a woman hunting with them is a "bad luck", so I would like to find girls (adventurous, not suicidal) who would go hunting with me. Sorry for my grammar mistakes, I am Russian and I can attest that speaking English is harder than brushing teeth through the nose.

Lots of us take woman on hunts, wife, daughter, etc. No bad luck in my experience, except my daughter keeps taking the better animal! Good luck. I have got to get back out there and shoot some more.

Dave has setup and tuned several bows for me. He and Joni are both great people. I tried the Elite Answer today and was impressed enough to order one. FCA is a great shop and you won't be disappointed if you visit them.