Thread: Upper or Middle Kenai?

Default Upper or Middle Kenai?

Heading down Oct 7-9 with raft and 5hp kicker....better bet to float upper to Jim's or go work these dunes I keep hearing about at the outlet of skilak? I'm a rookie to the area so any and all insider info would be much appreciated. PM me if you don't want to go totally public with the 411. THANKS!

I would fish the middle if I was you. The Upper has clouded up in the last couple of weeks.

Middle is where the hawgs are. Plus if you float to Bings you will be right by Naptowne Inn.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Thanks guys, that's where I was leaning....I've been told I may want to just motor over to dunes and work them to "super hole" and then motor back up and work them again....then motor back across lake, instead of floating down. Heard there weren't as many or as big of fish past super hole.

Faded beads or flesh or both?

not true.........i think you will find it is worth your time to fish that hole section of river. I have seen people catch 30in across from bings.

Float to Bings! Well worth it! With the amount of boats that sit in the washboards/Dunes, you have better chance at big fish in other spots.

Interesting information. I'm heading down with a cataraft and no motor OCT 14-18th. You guys say the mid and not the upper eh? Or should I float them both?

that is a loaded question, people will answer you based of off personel prefrence....which usually has a lot to do with how well they did on either stretch. If I was you I would fish the upper, since you have a cat no motor. Getting across that corner of Skilak can be a problem some times.