Thread: DIY Outboard motor stand pictures and plans

Default DIY Outboard motor stand pictures and plans

Do you have an outboard motor sitting on the floor of your garage? Looking for a simple way to change oils, winterize it, and/or store it for winter?

Take a few hours of time and throw together this motor stand:

Here are the plans to work from: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=8a54563347d2705e&id=8A54563347D2705E!117#

We used 2x4s and (the engine clamp-to board) an old 2x8 pressure treated, and 3 inch ceramic screws, and 4 cheap castors bought at AIH.
    Dear whatever doesn't kill me, I'm strong enough now. Thanks.

This is just what I've been looking for and need to build. I will have to make mine a little wider for 3 motors, a 20HP, 6 HP and 2 HP. I like the plans as they show to mount casters on the bottom to easily move them around.

Thanks FM!

Good Grief - how do you get it to stay on the "wall" like that? Oh, I see the pics are sideways - LOL...
    Nice set up - I had a 9.9 that I coulda used that set up on - sold it about a month ago....
    America is unique because we embrace Freedom.
    Freedom simply means you have choices, you can have things you want.
    Freedom does not guarantee safety - your choices do that!

Thumbs up castors

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    This is just what I've been looking for and need to build. I will have to make mine a little wider for 3 motors, a 20HP, 6 HP and 2 HP. I like the plans as they show to mount casters on the bottom to easily move them around.

Thanks FM!
    Thanks for the nice comments. My son made it all by himself, except I did the one 8 degree angle-cut for him. I found the plans online.

AIH has nice castors, I got two that are straight and two that swivel (with little brakes on a lever) so it can better steer (like a shopping cart) and will sit still if I ask it to. Today he put a nice mahogany finish on the wood and its beautiful! Best of all its' solid as heck.

I modified the plans to be 27 inches wide to provide for a 20 inch inside measurement because that's the size of the tub I had sitting here. And also modified the total height to be 30 inches so the short shaft motor will be well submerged in water and yet will clear the ground by a little, with or without the tub present.

This should make it a lot easier to do my yearly fall weatherization, and my every year change of both engine oil and lower end oil (looking for that white stuff that I hope to never find).

Default Final picture

Wood is finished now, and tub removed, until I need it.

Compliments to your son...nice work!!