Thread: Good fishing for Silvers in Soldotna right Now

Default Good fishing for Silvers in Soldotna right Now

Hi all!

Just a heads up that there's a pretty good push of silvers heading up the Kenai this weekend. Didn't plan to fish the river but after seeing several people walk off with limits in hand this morning I thought I would give it a try. Hit some holes near town and husband and I caught our limits in a few hours. All the fish were full of sealice too so fresh in from the salt. Awesome!

Oh, believe it or not but a HUGE seal popped up in one hole we were fishing, right by my feet! Scared the bleep out of me!!! Heard a few of them are in the Kenai this year but we were fishing right around mile 25 of the river. What's the limit on seals? Ha!

Nice, I might have to make a trip down!

I flung hardware at Soldotna Creek and from the landings on the Soldotna Creek Park walkway for must of Sunday morning. I think I tried every spoon and spinner in my tackle box without so much as a tap. I must have missed that push of fish.

Staying in Soldotna again this weekend. Husband said he saw some 15 people fishing Cunnigham this morning with 12 silvers on the beach. All were caught plunking eggs. Four guys fished the walkway at the visitor center and had 2 fish. Slower than last weekend but still pretty good I think.

No limits for us this weekend. Hubby got two chromers and I got skunked. But we did catch and release several nice rainbows around Bing's Landing. Seals are still in the river.

4 buddies and myself got 15 silvers above Bings today in about 4 hours of fishing. We had at least 15 more hits/hookups. All were dime bright fish.
    An unarmed man is subject, an armed man is a citizen.

Attachment 53986Attachment 53987

Here are the photos. I couldn't post them using my iphone.
    An unarmed man is subject, an armed man is a citizen.

Photos don't show!

So, I'm just starting my second year in AK and was hoping to get into some fish now that I have my resident license. Looks like Bings is a good place to be - is a boat needed to get into fish there? I'm looking for some decent shore fishing for me, my son, and one or both of my daughters. Will there be any fish by this weekend? I'm thinking of heading down from Anchorage early Saturday morning, fishing all day, camping over, and then fishing part of the day on Sunday. Will this even be worth my time? Any hints or tips you can provide a newbie?

Thanks!

Oops, my bad. It wasn't Cunningham Park but Centennial Park those fish were caught. Hope I didn't lead too many people astray.

We did much better on Sunday. All nice and bright and fat fish, most with sealice. Biggest around 12 pounds I think. Lots of rainbows hitting our spinners.