Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As of late,

Default As of late,

Akrstabout, myself,(strangely enough, only 5'9") and Hunt_ak59 with newly made 'Meats' Kobuk River style.....

****in'a, these guys can Hunt

Now lemme download some pix and have a smoke, some coffee and thaw the feets.......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Now I know why I have not seen any around here lately - you guyz gottem all!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

i saw one caribou the other day you guys must have missed one! Any ice over there yet?? the puddles around town are starting to ice up over here. can't wait to get back on the snowmobile but with this warm weather i should have left my boat in longer. Nice lookin animals you got there.

Wow, two of those have actual shovels. Or canoe paddles. Or kayak rudders.

Now that there is makin some meat, Pretty cool!

Now thats a good days catch..Bet the airline is already counting the money
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Now that will fill the freezer congrats

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    akrstabout, myself,(strangely enough, only 5'9") and hunt_ak59 with newly made 'meats' kobuk river style.....

****in'a, these guys can hunt

Now lemme download some pix and have a smoke, some coffee and thaw the feets.......
    sweet baby sweet! Anddddddd......action!
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Way to go men!!! Nice job.

Good job guys now lets see some more pics and hear a story or two.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Good job guys now lets see some more pics and hear a story or two.
    HuntAK59 will post a story and pics. I might too once I get my pics off my phone and recover from this cold. Plus gonna be doing some butchering once the meats arrive.

Sad thing, some guys won't like the story and how the hunt went. Good thing is, we can care less!! Was a great time, a major learning curve, and great country and people to boot!

I love stories that upset folks so post the story...

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Sad thing, some guys won't like the story and how the hunt went. Good thing is, we can care less!! Was a great time, a major learning curve, and great country and people to boot!
    Was the hunt legal? Post away if it was. Good for other folks to see different ways.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

It was legal, I have the "Vid' and "IF The ****in slow ass internet will allow, I will load it to my phtobucket, "Somehow" .

The pictures do no justice, and the vid will flow this Meat hunt into the most awsome , favorable hunts i do .
    Fact is , with the animals comming to us, no hords of Misquitos, warm days, good company, hunting and waiting with people we only meet here every year, kids playing, meats fat, no frostbite, if we broke down, theres no s&R, were not a hundred miles from help, the fog did not get us lost, and I could go on and on and on about just how cool and hard working these guys were on my favorite hunt of the year.

Im sending rstabout and Huntak_59 my passwords to my Boto*****et and hopefully they will get me fixxed

Tell ya what .......

I'm gonna let Hunt_ak59 n Akrstabout write this up. Theve got all the most excellent pix, Hunt 's bear story was quit an excellent write up ,Akrousts a great story teller too, and they were very "first hand" in it all~~LOL!!~~besides, my internet uploading has only a few pix done and this story shouldnt wait untill December.....

Ill post to my blog and link ya when I get it done.....besides, this Hunt was a vacation of sorts for the wife and I, it was soooooo easy compared to the Winter ahead,The animals were abundant, timely, we were well prepared and able to bring comforts rather than "light as possible" Twas almost too easy this timma round~LOL!~

Stranger,

We are sending lujon your way so he can shoot something. That goat he goat several yrs ago should be all ate up by now lol sorry lujon couldn't resist.

Default 323

Wrong attitude there buddy. Poor choice of words too. Once our stories are up you'll understand. Not hate'n on ya, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Wrong attitude there buddy. Poor choice of words too. Once our stories are up you'll understand. Not hate'n on ya, you'll see.
    I'm pretty sure your side kick said the story would upset people. So Im thinking here hhhmmmm maybe your buddy used the wrong words and has the wrong attitude. You could posted a story on how you guess were killing them with hand grenades I could of cared less.

Ya, Justin, weve had some ice, some snow, but with no Misquitos's, who cares? ~LOL!!~~ but its bound to warm up, and down again, so maby well set a net a few days more for the Egg laden Whitefish that are comming outta the lakes, hget some firewood for the stove now taking up room in the house. still, I cant wait to run icenets and work at home its getting darker and colder, soon the thin ice will be a big 'stayhome factor', though the wife and I are most likely gona freeze up by the ocean, keep our hunting going

Heres the wife queitly doing her kitchen stuffs, .22Lrs at the ready, the leanto made neat, life jackets and gas can at hand , binoc's within reach..... the tiny 4X5 'eqipment tent' sticking out like a blue thumb, coffees ever hot and the fog lifting....I think we had action soon after this picture was taken ~~LOL!!~~

i'm guessing the story goes: a boat, some caribou swimming across the river, and some well placed .22lr shots to the head??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast